Need help, reset restore how?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 25, 2009
I have a jailbroken iphone 6 on ios 8.3

My touch screen stopped working yesterday and I can't reset my phone from the settings, I also don't want to update my phone to ios 9 but I need to restore in order to take it to the apple shop in town to get it repaired

my question
-is there a way to restore without updating and without using the phone itself? (touch screen is broken)

-if i do a "restore and update", fix my phone and do a reset from the phone "settings" will it revert back to factory ios 8.3?

please need help urgent

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Sadly you'll need to do a restore and update if you want to be fully unjailbroken so Apple will help you, which will mean it'll put you on the latest Ios version which there is not a jailbreak for yet.

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If i restore and update and do a factory reset from the settings? will i revert to the old ios 8.3?
The Erase All Content and Settings feature in the Settings app is not an option on jailbroken iPhones. If you select it while jailbroken, you will get stuck at the boot logo and be forced to restore to 9.1 in iTunes. If you're phone was non-jailbroken and had a functional touchscreen, it would stay on your current firmware after erasing all content and settings through the Settings app. Cydia Impactor would remove your jailbreak and keep you on iOS 8, but you can't use it if your screen isn't working.