Need help saving contacts from Blackjack II

soilsample

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
South Louisiana USA
Hi,
My wife currently has a Blackjack II. She'd like to try out my V1 iPhone. I need to get the contacts off her phone and install them in my iPhone.

The BIG PROBLEM is that I don't have OUTLOOK.

Is there any way to manually get this done?

Thanks
Donald

joysmahal

May 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hi,
My wife currently has a Blackjack II. She'd like to try out my V1 iPhone. I need to get the contacts off her phone and install them in my iPhone.

The BIG PROBLEM is that I don't have OUTLOOK.

Is there any way to manually get this done?

Thanks
Donald
An easy way to do this is to get all your contacts on your Blackjack II onto the SIM Card. Then put the SIM card from the Blackjack II and follow these steps to transfer your contacts on your SIM onto your iPhone v1: http://www.ilikemyiPhone.com/?p=121&

Important note: Your v1 iPhone must be unlocked to do this in order to install the application from the above link from the Installer application.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Note that if your V1 iPhone has been updated to the 2.0 firmware, there is no need to jailbreak it to import contacts from the SIM card. The ability to import contacts from the SIM card is built into the 2.0 firmware - simply to go Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendar and press the Import SIM Contacts button just above the Calendar section. This would be the easiest way for you once you save the contacts on the Blackjack to its SIM card...

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
The one thing that the sim transfer will not let you do is custom info like pics and birth dates and what not .

Can your blackjack, through active sync, sync up to windows' address book? if so, address book will save all photos attached to numbers and other non- telephone number info and iTunes will let you sync to and from address book also. That is another way it might work.