Need help setting up POP e-mail on iPhone

Oct 23, 2007
Hey guys, as the title says I'm trying to setup my POP e-mail on my iPhone for my personal e-mail account with Charter Communications. I have their incoming and outgoing mail server information and enter it along with everything else into the POP e-mail setup on the iPhone but I keep getting an error saying Cannot connect using SSL and it asks if I want to try to connect without using SSL and I click yes but then it just sits there and acts like its trying to find the server but never does. Does anybody know whats going on here or what I need to do to get this working? If anyone has a Charter account working on their phone that would be great if you'd chime in as well. I posted a link below here to their POP server information in case you need it. Thanks in advance guys.

http://www.charter.com/Visitors/Support.aspx?SupportArticleID=1417

rgarjr

Bronze
Nov 19, 2007
I had the same problem. I have Charter as my ISP. The way I did it was to do a sync with iTunes to do a sync for my e-mail. When it does this, it puts all the server info on the phone and works. Make sure you have everything correct on Outlook.