need help [ text SMS ]

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Maryam

Nov 28, 2007
am so glad to find this forum b/c i have so maney questions about my iPhone .. yesterday i received a text sms that contains a weird and strange letters when i opended it the sms section was stuck! and now when i open my inbox of msgs it opens for a second then it shuts again what does that mean? . Please help me

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
am so glad to find this forum b/c i have so maney questions about my iPhone .. yesterday i received a text sms that contains a weird and strange letters when i opended it the sms section was stuck! and now when i open my inbox of msgs it opens for a second then it shuts again what does that mean? . Please help me
I'd plug it into iTunes immediately and do a restore. Welcome to the forum BTW.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
if I do that would it delete my music and photos?
Yes - but if they're all synched and backed-up on your iTunes you'll get it all back again as it was.

You could try turning the phone off and back on again if you haven't already, but it's worth going back to known software just in case you've had some malware introduced by SMS (I have read of such a thing being theoretically possible)

Maryam

Nov 28, 2007
Yes - but if they're all synched and backed-up on your iTunes you'll get it all back again as it was.

You could try turning the phone off and back on again if you haven't already, but it's worth going back to known software just in case you've had some malware introduced by SMS (I have read of such a thing being theoretically possible)
how can i save my photos on the iTunes?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
One question, is your phone jailbroken or stock? There is an after market program out now that allows you to delete individual text messages without going into the sms program itself. It might be possible for you to delete the corrupt text without having to restore. If you are on a stock phone then restoring is probably your best bet.