Need Help turning in iPhone

My work is making me move back to a blackberry. I personally purchased the 3G iPhone for $199. When I go back to ATT, will they want the phone back? Will I have to pay early termination fee? If I buy blackberry at full price and sign a new 2 year agreement, will I have to pay any additional fees?

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
your probably gonna have to pay early termination fee's. i know its up in court (early termination fees) but as of now it still applies. I remember i seen a website link floating around where they'll take credit for iPhones towards a blackberry storm

Naylor07

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Are you returning the phone? I have switched to and from an iPhone a lot. I went from a 2g iPhone to a blackberry. I bought a blackberry from the store at full price, which did not require a new contract and just had them drop the iPhone service and add blackberry.

I have had 3 iPhones with all kinds of different phones in between and have never been asked to pay an early termination fee.

I assume you are staying with AT&T's service, so you should just have to add a different data plan and get a new phone, which you will have to pay full price for.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
If you are terminating your contract you'll have to pay the termination fee but you shouldn't have to turn in the phone. You can then ebay your 3g for a lot more than the termination fee.

timothy

Bronze
Nov 4, 2007
Thousand Oaks, Californication
In short, if you terminate your ties with ATT you'll pay an ETF. It sounds like you are just shifting the account around. When you get the crackberry they're gonna sell it to you at full price so they lose nothing switching from one phone to the other. It's having you locked in that makes them money, not which phone you have. At least in the long run.

Wow. Did I say "In short"? =p