NEED help WIFI

eureka

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
I am going to be in an area with my iPhone which has no data package and was wondering what offers free wifi?
such as panera
starbucks

but i tried getting free wifi at starbucks one day and it wouldn't work what is the procedure to do this?

i have tmobile by the way
please help thanks

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I'm pretty sure the two you mentioned offer free wifi. So do most mcdonalds, airports, hotel/motels, kings/denny's, and probably some other chain restaurants.

Are you in the US using the iPhone on t mobile? OR a different country?

eureka

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
im in the us but i don't know the proper way to connect..would i have to just go to wifi connections and it will be up and running? or do i have to register something and then will i be allowed the net?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
T Mobile offers their own service plans to access their wifi hotspots, but most places typically offer free wifi. I would go here and go to one of those hotspots near you to see if you automatically join one of the AT&T networks. I'm not sure how their wifi hotspots work but it might only need an iPhone to join them. By them stating you need to have a data plan and an account in good standing might have the AT&T cellular network involved in allowing you to join. If not I

Here's the instructions to join with for AT&T: http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/internet/accessing-wifi.jsp

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Actually looking at the Starbucks wifi info page it looks like AT&T and t-mobile have an agreement for t-mobile customers to use AT&T wifi for free which I bet is at all AT&T wifi locations.

Current T-Mobile subscribers Continue to enjoy full internet access at Starbucks stores , through a roaming agreement with AT&T. T-Mobile customers will not incur extra charges to use the Starbucks/AT&T network.
http://www.starbucks.com/retail/wireless.asp