Need Help With Annoying USB Feature

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sbynyc

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Hey to all. I have WinXP Pro SP2 and an iPhone. Anytime a camera or something including a camera (e.g. an iPhone) is connected via USB, a dialog box pops up asking me what program I want to use to upload my pictures. The annoying problem is that everytime I place my iPhone in the USB cradle, a dialog box pops up but none of the options is "Take No Action" so I can't get a chance to tick the checkbox "Do This Everytime". I have to press "Cancel" every single time, which used to be cute but is now plain annoying. Does anyone know how I can get rid of the dialog box altogether or perhaps add the option "Take No Action"?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Hey to all. I have WinXP Pro SP2 and an iPhone. Anytime a camera or something including a camera (e.g. an iPhone) is connected via USB, a dialog box pops up asking me what program I want to use to upload my pictures. The annoying problem is that everytime I place my iPhone in the USB cradle, a dialog box pops up but none of the options is "Take No Action" so I can't get a chance to tick the checkbox "Do This Everytime". I have to press "Cancel" every single time, which used to be cute but is now plain annoying. Does anyone know how I can get rid of the dialog box altogether or perhaps add the option "Take No Action"?

Plug your iPhone into your computer via the USB cable. Then go to "My Computer" and right-click on the "Apple iPhone" icon and select Properties. Go to the "Events" tab and under there it should have a sub-box with "Actions". In that menu select "Take No Action" and your problems are solved. :laugh2: