Need help with dialing extensions

diggs

Jul 16, 2007
Over the last week I have been making the transition from Alltel blackberry to AT&T iPhone 3G. Overall it's a fairly painless transition. The areas I expected trouble with (e.g. exchange, secure wireless etc.) went fairly easy. The one item that is driving me crazy is dialing extensions. My office has four digit extensions and it almost never works whether I dial them manually or with a pause. I thought it might be our phone switch, but have had it happen at other businessses that 3 or 4 digit extensions. Anyone else experience this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've not experienced any issues involving extensions nor have I read any people that have. I've used extensions numerous times calling into various automated services. Try resetting all settings though I don't know if that will help anything.

Are you Jailbroken?

diggs

Jul 16, 2007
I've not experienced any issues involving extensions nor have I read any people that have. I've used extensions numerous times calling into various automated services. Try resetting all settings though I don't know if that will help anything.

Are you Jailbroken?
Yes I am jailbroken.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It could be that the Jailbroken nature of your phone is messing up the dialing of the extensions but that possibility seems a bit of a stretch. I tried again today while calling AT&T and used the extensions and got right through on the iPhone. My only suggestion could be a restore but I really don't know if that would help anything unfortunately.