Need help with iPhone email with Oulook

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HarleyS

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Sarasota Florida
If any of you are good with email I could use a little help.
I use outlook express on my PC. I have my mail accounts set up and can recive emails just fine but when i go to send out email I get a error message stating : The SMTP server doesn't support authentication. Please check your account settings and try again. From this point i have no idea what im looking for. I have looked through the seeting but reall have no idea what to look for. If any of you have had this problem or know what I need to do, I would appreciate your info.
Thanks.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
When you setup your email did you choose the option SSL? Maybe the server doesn't support secure transactions like SSL , also double check both hosts sometimes Incomming and Outgoing mail domains arent the same

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
If any of you are good with email I could use a little help.
I use outlook express on my PC. I have my mail accounts set up and can recive emails just fine but when i go to send out email I get a error message stating : The SMTP server doesn't support authentication. Please check your account settings and try again. From this point i have no idea what im looking for. I have looked through the seeting but reall have no idea what to look for. If any of you have had this problem or know what I need to do, I would appreciate your info.
Thanks.
I had this problem until last night.

Make sure you are using the entire email address as the user name and then use your password.

SMTP = smtp.yourisp.com
User = username@yourisp.com
password = your password

by default it only configures the smtp outgoing settings and usually adds ":25" for outgoing port 25. Once I added my entire email address in the user info along with my password, I was able to send and receive email from anywhere regardless whether I was on wifi or not.

HarleyS

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Sarasota Florida
LoL. Man I have no idea. SSL is off for both incoming and outgoing. I have no idea what that means though. Incoming works great, Outgoing still gives me the damn error.

HarleyS

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Sarasota Florida
I had this problem until last night.

Make sure you are using the entire email address as the user name and then use your password.

SMTP = smtp.yourisp.com
User = username@yourisp.com
password = your password

by default it only configures the smtp outgoing settings and usually adds ":25" for outgoing port 25. Once I added my entire email address in the user info along with my password, I was able to send and receive email from anywhere regardless whether I was on wifi or not.
Please bare with me, im not that great with technical computer stuff, lol. My entire address is in there as well as my password. I can get email with no problem. Its just the sending thats giving me problems. Grrrrrr. This is pissing me off, lol.

kchester

Jan 23, 2007
Email - Sending

I had good luck using what I am told is the edge smtp server or something like that.. up until today and now I can't send emails anymore.. again.. give it a shot, this is what I used. Oh.. it only works on the edge network though.. cwmx.com:25