Need help with iPod nano

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ErinR76

Apr 10, 2012
My husband gave me his ipod. I do have iTunes on my computer but i rarely use it as it is so confusing. I have stayed away from music except my cd's and so it's like teaching grandma how to do it (even though I'm 36). So don't assume I know anything.

Half of my music is on iTunes, half of it on my pc under the folder 'music.' I would love to know how to get all of it integrated onto iTunes, so that I can synch it with this new ipod. I think its an ipod nano, just from looking at pics of them online and comparing.

Anyhow, let's just start with how do I get music from my pc onto iTunes? Assuming that once I do, I can then synch and it will go on the ipod. Thanks.

ErinR76

Apr 10, 2012
ok I got that figured out. next problem is, some of the songs I don't want on the iTunes, do I have to delete them one by one? I deleted some music files from my pc and now in iTunes they have little exclamation points next to them. Are those the ones it can't find and thus I need to or can delete them? Thanks.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
You shouldn't have to delete them individually. If you individually highlight the ones you want to delete, then you can delete them all at once. If you deleted music from your PC folder that is why there is the red ! In iTunes, because iTunes now cannot find it.

ErinR76

Apr 10, 2012
ok.

now I see that in iTunes, there are many albums that are duplicated (appear twice in iTunes). why is this?

How to I get iTunes to locate the music again? Or do I need to manually re-add it?

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
It is difficult to say why they are duplicated without knowing when and how they were added.
As far as adding albums or songs back into iTunes, probably the easiest is to delete the ones that are there now, and re-add them.

winan

Jul 24, 2011
If your ipod and ipad music bought via iTunes that you can transfer the music back to computer.It supports all Apple device included ipod and ipad.You need exchange a new hard-disk drive,and sync music files again.