Need help with pre owned iPhone

kd5hqf

May 25, 2008
Hello I just bout an I phone on craigslist. obviously it had been used by the guy I bought it from. I went to att store for accy's and got a new sim.

Itry to set it up with my iTunes account and it asks for tsome guy's password?

I can't get ahold of this guy!:mad:

Is there anything I can do to bypass the password? I tried resetting, NO GOOd. Same thing.

ANY HELP would be greatly appriciated! Thanks Rod

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
try a restore plug it into iTunes and were it showes the iPhone and usage. there is a button to restore it to Factory settings

kd5hqf

May 25, 2008
try a restore plug it into iTunes and were it showes the iPhone and usage. there is a button to restore it to Factory settings
Trying ziPhone but keep getting errors trying to unzip the download.

jumbo131

Aug 25, 2008
change phone number

yes, that's true... but please can you advice how to change the previous owner's phone number to replace it by mine?

in advance thank you for reply

jumbo131

Aug 25, 2008
number

i already tried ... i was able to change the user name by restoring whole iPhone system to original setup. but still see the previous user's phone number.

or is it possible to activate pre-owned iPhone again to setup with new account and password?

scudder

Bronze
Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
You must use the iTunes restore (just in case all you are doing is using the reset on the iPhone) this overwrites the firmware and erases everything. When it asks you, set it up as a 'new iPhone'. If you need to unlock I would advise against ZiPhone as there are numberous threads on here highlighting the problems that has caused. If you are the latest firmware use winpwn or pwnage (PC or Mac).

jumbo131

Aug 25, 2008
unlock

are you able to send me a link to get instructions to unlock the phone, please.

thanks

You must use the iTunes restore (just in case all you are doing is using the reset on the iPhone) this overwrites the firmware and erases everything. When it asks you, set it up as a 'new iPhone'. If you need to unlock I would advise against ZiPhone as there are numberous threads on here highlighting the problems that has caused. If you are the latest firmware use winpwn or pwnage (PC or Mac).