Need help with profiles for iPhone?

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by VA_doc, Sep 16, 2011.

1. VA_doc

VA_doc New Member

Hi,

I apologise if this has been covered before but I need the ability to create profiles on my iPhone 4.

Let me first explain what I need: at night, I would like the phone to be completely silent except for receiving phone calls and texts. The calls bit is very important for me as there are times when my support staff need to contact me. At the moment, I have no way of enabling this functionality. It's either a take all or none policy - so I have resorted to enabling vibrate mode but that means I get alerts for everything. Plus the days when I go into a deep sleep, I invariably end up missing calls.

I have tried MyProfiles but for some reason, the rules will not stick. I am currently trying Mirrir Dev - Proile app but that is causing the springboard to crash every now and then. Is there any other way/app out there? Or if someone has experience with MyProfiles and how to configure it properly, I would be very grateful!

TIA.

2. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I tried My Profiles for awhile too. I like some of the features and once you get the rules in the correct order, it's not too bad. I just go to where it was easier to toggle things myself than rely on it. So I removed it.

There was also some buggy things that happened sometimes when it switched profiles. I reported it to the developers, but never got a response.

Hope you find something, but of hand I can't think of another solution for you.

3. verbalj

verbalj Member
    Bronze

Calendarpro4 should be what you're looking for. Admittedly, it's a PITA to get the hang of, but once you do, it's great.

Like you, i want my phone silent while I sleep (I work very late nights) so it needs to be silent until I wake up at 11 a.m. or noon. I keep everything silent, but for incoming texts and calls, I have it on vibrate. For my work profile, same deal, but a little more phone functions are on vibrate.

4. VA_doc

VA_doc New Member

It was too buggy for me and no matter what I did, the rules never kicked in so I deleted it. Thanks for the reply though and I LOVE the profile pic ;)

5. VA_doc

VA_doc New Member

Thanks - this a great suggestion/app. The issue I can foresee is if I don't have all events on a calendar but I will give it a go. For now, I started using a new app Mirror Profile which actually has a 15-day trial. It seems to be doing the task for now...however have noticed reboots after I change settings which might be related to the change in the settings? I will try your suggestion too to see how that works for me. This one is a paid app though.

6. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Let me know how you like Mirror Profile. I might be interested in that, if it does the job.

7. verbalj

verbalj Member
    Bronze

Yes, it stinks that it's a paid app without a trial (I really wish all paid apps came with trial periods, especially since not all jailbreak apps play nicely with each other). For my needs (and it seems like yours), it's a great app and it's definitely worth the money. The dev is very good about helping you out when it comes to setting up (and you'll probably need the help lol).

Then again, if you don't use a calendar app, then it may not be as beneficial for you.

8. VA_doc

VA_doc New Member

I'm liking MP quite a bit. It's doing exactly what I need - you can set up different profiles and also add locations to auto-activate the profiles. However, that last feature I have not used yet so I cannot really confirm on how well it works or doesn't work. For now, I'm glad that my iPhone 4 now has the capability of being silent or vibrating for all alerts and ringing when a call comes through. Works quite well and am not noticing any restarts/crashes. I might just go ahead and buy it when the trial expires.

9. VA_doc

VA_doc New Member

That's one thing that I miss coming from a blackberry - most of the businesss apps have trials so you know if you will actually use them. Concept and actual use are two very different things. I'm glad there are more choices when it comes to the apps for the iPhone though! For now, Mirror Profile seems to be holding up. If it doesn't, I will try your suggestion since I know it works for one person (i.e. you!).