Need help with text

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
when I send emojis to someone with a android phone sometimes they show up and sometimes it looks like Chinese. I know there was a setting I had to change once before but can't remember where it is. Can someone please help me out? Thanks so much!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
when I send emojis to someone with a android phone sometimes they show up and sometimes it looks like Chinese. I know there was a setting I had to change once before but can't remember where it is. Can someone please help me out? Thanks so much!
Like Chinese? Can you recall which emoji specifically presented with that issue? If you can, please post an (or multiple) example(s). You will have to describe it/them as words because emoji typed onto a post here at everythingicafe.com, disappointingly, will not show as actual emoji. They render as a blank space. :confused:

Here’s an example. I entered two official Apple emoji to this post, but as soon as I click on the post, they’re gone and replaced with blank spaces.

I do know that certain emoji render differently when sent to a device that’s on a different platform.

A good example is the pistol emoji. Apple renders it as a neon green water pistol. However, when this emoji sent to a person using an Android device, it will look like a real pistol.

If you go to emojipedia.org, you can see exactly how each emoji renders on the different platforms. Here’s an example (again, it’s the pistol emoji I just mentioned).

At this moment I cannot think of any emoji that are rendered as Chinese characters when they arrive at an Android phone. Hence my request for one or more examples.

Last edited:

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
I had sent a message with words and two smiley faces and this is how it looked on their end. It has done it with a few different emojis.