Need INFO

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 30, 2007
I recently just bought the iPhone and very new to this site, I was wondering how can do I put in custom ringtones to the phone.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I recently just bought the iPhone and very new to this site, I was wondering how can do I put in custom ringtones to the phone.
I'll help ya out bro, I don't mind people asking repeat questions as much as others do here. For future reference, there's a search option on the main page and it will get you answers a lot more quickly than posting and waiting.

1. The easiest and best way is iPhoneRingToneMaker, but it costs $15 currently. It doesn't require you to hack your phone either, which is nice.

2. Your next best option is iBrickr, which will hack your iPhone for you so quietly you won't even notice it. It's free and it does ringtones almost as well as iPhoneRingToneMaker, but also lets you install new Applications, like the Nintendo Emulator and eBook reader.

3. The third way is through a program called Song Sender that you put on your iPhone as a third party app, but it's a little more difficult to figure out. You install it through iBrickr, but once it's on you can just pick any one of your MP3s right from your phone and make them your ringtone instantly (you can't select which part of the song though, so to me this isn't as good).

Since you're a beginner, I recommend one of the first two options for now.

valbowwski

Aug 30, 2007
Info

Hey thanks for the reply..I was checking out the site for iPhoneringtonemaker...is it something that I pay for and download onto my pc or is it software that they will send me by mail..since I'm not that familiar with these things..is it better than Ibrickr..Thanks

I'll help ya out bro, I don't mind people asking repeat questions as much as others do here. For future reference, there's a search option on the main page and it will get you answers a lot more quickly than posting and waiting.

1. The easiest and best way is iPhoneRingToneMaker, but it costs $15 currently. It doesn't require you to hack your phone either, which is nice.

2. Your next best option is iBrickr, which will hack your iPhone for you so quietly you won't even notice it. It's free and it does ringtones almost as well as iPhoneRingToneMaker, but also lets you install new Applications, like the Nintendo Emulator and eBook reader.

3. The third way is through a program called Song Sender that you put on your iPhone as a third party app, but it's a little more difficult to figure out. You install it through iBrickr, but once it's on you can just pick any one of your MP3s right from your phone and make them your ringtone instantly (you can't select which part of the song though, so to me this isn't as good).

Since you're a beginner, I recommend one of the first two options for now.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Hey thanks for the reply..I was checking out the site for iPhoneringtonemaker...is it something that I pay for and download onto my pc or is it software that they will send me by mail..since I'm not that familiar with these things..is it better than Ibrickr..Thanks
You download it. They let you do 3 ringtones for free and then you have to buy if you want to do more. I think it's a little better than iBrickr, but since iBrickr is free, I would go for that.