Need iPhone Intellegence w/volume

Nov 12, 2007
Thanks for helping guys/Gals,
I just received my iPhone, cool.
When I make a call wth the phone I can barely hear the other person. I am not using any bluetooth or headphones at this time.
Is there a way to turn up the volume so when I use the phone like a normal phone with no attachments I can hear?
Any solutions are welcome.
Thanks Again
D

iPimp

Bronze
Nov 12, 2007
The black button on the left side top is volume or I hear the newest update has made the volume much better.

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
Thanks for helping guys/Gals,
I just received my iPhone, cool.
When I make a call wth the phone I can barely hear the other person. I am not using any bluetooth or headphones at this time.
Is there a way to turn up the volume so when I use the phone like a normal phone with no attachments I can hear?
Any solutions are welcome.
Thanks Again
D

I'm sure you already know this .. but many people don't take off the factory screen protector ... this will block the volume

theone77

Bronze
Oct 18, 2007
http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9023

P.S. First delete the existing files and then upload the new ones. Backup the originals, if you'd like

Test Experiment: (Thanks stlcaddie)
If you want to see a difference download beatphone.app listen to the pads with the volume all the way up....then do this com.apple.celestrial replacement as instructed. Then go back to the beatphone.app and listen to how loud the pads are now.

Test the following: Please note that the iPhone has only ONE speaker (on the bottom left, the other is the MIC

* Ringtones (Covert your ringtones to MONO, for optimum sound)
* Speakerphone (Loudness Confirmed: Once again single speaker so can't expect much)
* Headset (Loudness: Confirmed)
* Bluetooth (Loudness: Confirmed)
* Receiver (Clarity with less distortion: Confirmed)

Things you'll notice:
1). DialPad is louder
2). Speaker, Ringtone, Headset, Receiver, Speakerphone volumes are noticeable.
3). System Sounds are louder
4). Test the YouTube video sounds

Install Instructions:
1). Copy the com.apple.celestial.plist file to /var/root/Library/Preferences/
2). Copy the SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist file to /System/Library/Frameworks/Celestial.framework/
3). Goto Settings > iPod > (switch off: Sound Check)
4). Reboot your iPhone.

iVolume1.2_NormalDialPad.zip file has been attached - Use this MOD if you find the DialPad volume very HIGH with the first MOD (iVolume1.2.zip).

Original SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist file
http://www.sendspace.com/file/i1abie

Update: Add iVolume v1.3, which is the latest code change to the files. It's still in experimental phase, please test and comment. Thanks to NVMY4N for the contribution.