Need my contacts from a phone I sold

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Proplayer44, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Proplayer44

Proplayer44 Member
    Bronze

So I sold my wife's iPhone. She now owns a non Apple phone. I backed up her iPhone before I sold it. How do I get all her contacts from that backup without the phone?

Thanks for your help. (Steam coming out of her ears right now)

2. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

What type of phone does she have? How and where did you backup the contacts? Do you use outlook or what for your contacts?

3. Proplayer44

Proplayer44 Member
    Bronze

Sorry I should have specified. She had an iPhone 4. I backed it up to iTunes. No other contacts backup. I of course told her on many occasions to backup her contacts to Gmail so she'll always have them online.

4. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

The only solution I see is to export the contacts to gmail or excel and than use the import software her new phone has ( if it has one) and bring the contacts back in. If you post the type of new phone she has maybe somebody here on the forum will be able to help.

5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

if you still have an iPhone transfer to that phone and then move to sim
    Now if you use the phone ! Back it up as your phone restore it as her phone. Put the contacts on sim. Restore back to your phone.
    If you have a mircro sim (iPhone5) you may have to got to At&T (your carrier) who can take them and transfer them !
    That is the only way I coukd think of. Here are many helpful members they may know a better solution

6. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Yeah exchange I fotgot that works even better

7. Proplayer44

Proplayer44 Member
    Bronze

But the contacts are in iTunes and I don't have her old phone. The trick is How to get them out of iTunes to export?

8. Proplayer44

Proplayer44 Member
    Bronze

This will work if I can restore my 4s from her 4 backup. I'll let you know if it works.