Need my contacts from a phone I sold

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Proplayer44

Bronze
Sep 13, 2010
So I sold my wife's iPhone. She now owns a non Apple phone. I backed up her iPhone before I sold it. How do I get all her contacts from that backup without the phone?

Thanks for your help. (Steam coming out of her ears right now)

Proplayer44

Bronze
Sep 13, 2010
Sorry I should have specified. She had an iPhone 4. I backed it up to iTunes. No other contacts backup. I of course told her on many occasions to backup her contacts to Gmail so she'll always have them online.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
The only solution I see is to export the contacts to gmail or excel and than use the import software her new phone has ( if it has one) and bring the contacts back in. If you post the type of new phone she has maybe somebody here on the forum will be able to help.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
if you still have an iPhone transfer to that phone and then move to sim
Now if you use the phone ! Back it up as your phone restore it as her phone. Put the contacts on sim. Restore back to your phone.
If you have a mircro sim (iPhone5) you may have to got to At&T (your carrier) who can take them and transfer them !
That is the only way I coukd think of. Here are many helpful members they may know a better solution

Proplayer44

Bronze
Sep 13, 2010
if you still have an iPhone transfer to that phone and then move to sim
Now if you use the phone ! Back it up as your phone restore it as her phone. Put the contacts on sim. Restore back to your phone.
If you have a mircro sim (iPhone5) you may have to got to At&T (your carrier) who can take them and transfer them !
That is the only way I coukd think of. Here are many helpful members they may know a better solution

This will work if I can restore my 4s from her 4 backup. I'll let you know if it works.