Need new earphones for iPhone 3G

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
For anyone who can help with this iPhone 3G earphone problem.

I love this phone, but i can't stand the stock earphone it comes with. Shure makes an earphone that you can use to use for the ipod portion of the iPhone3g as well, but it didn't mention anything about using it as a talking devce as well.

If you know of anything that is of the Shure/Bose quality in an earphone sound but has the functions of what Apple provides for talking and chaning songs, please help me out.

I've got to get a new pair of earphones, pronto. These fall out of my ears and sound horrible.

Thanks

mletang

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
NYC
www.NYCpetforum.com
Check the accessories part of the forum, there are reviews for a lot of the earphones out there. I love my Ultimate Buds personally.

Romanesq

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Man throw for some quality ear phones. They make all the difference. Ultimate Ears has some excellent ones. I had the .5 pros which were excellent then upgraded recently to the triple fi.

The Apple earbuds are frankly painful. It's amazing seeing so many people with them. ugh.

Also the earplugstore.com makes custom plugs for these. For $115, you have a perfect comfortable fit. I highly recommend them if you can fit it into your budget.

brian5

Jul 15, 2008
CT, USA
I've been using Etymotics ER6i isolator earphones on my iPods for years. I tried a number of others before settling on those.

Have just bought the Etymotics HF2 for my iPhone 3G. $180 or so is going to be too expensive for most but these are definitely worth it for me.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have a pair of Bose Tri-Port in-ear headphones and I love them. The only problem is that you don't have the functionality of the mic. However, Bose has released an add-on that allows you to make and receive calls using the Tri-Ports in addition to their Quiet Comfort line-up.

If you don't want to have to worry about an add-on then I would suggest looking into the V-Moda Vibe Duos. I got these a few months back (after being annoying of not being able to answer a call on my Bose headphones) and I love them. They're right at $100 which isn't too terrible and are much, MUCH more comfortable than the stock Apple earbuds.

erhalt1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2008
I have bose triport in ear, they are nice but they don't stay in. I just bought a pair of q3 over the ear with noise cancel they are just awesome. they have a mic for phone also.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Everyone thank you for your responses. It is good to know there are so many options out there. I will check the accessory section of the forum as well.

I've got to get something qucik because the stock earphones are driving me crazy! LOL!

I'm currently using my Sony earphones that are awesome, but just lacking the mic connectivity. If they made the same ones with the mic and the ability to control the iPod then i would get them because the Sony earphones are great.

But thanks everyone! This is all great informaiton!

Jeffois

Bronze
Jun 5, 2008
I have a pair of Bose Tri-Port in-ear headphones and I love them. The only problem is that you don't have the functionality of the mic. However, Bose has released an add-on that allows you to make and receive calls using the Tri-Ports in addition to their Quiet Comfort line-up.

If you don't want to have to worry about an add-on then I would suggest looking into the V-Moda Vibe Duos. I got these a few months back (after being annoying of not being able to answer a call on my Bose headphones) and I love them. They're right at $100 which isn't too terrible and are much, MUCH more comfortable than the stock Apple earbuds.

I'll 2nd the vote for the V-Modas. I don't have an iPhone yet, (still calling, "do you have any today?") but I use the standard version (no option for talking) on my iPod, and I like the sound, comfort, and the fact that you can still hear the world around you.

Bannod

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
At the beach, WA
I have the Creative EP-630 noise-isolating earphones. Sooo comfortable and they stay put! Not expensive, either.