Need Official 2.0 Software Thread...

Jul 26, 2007
Im not the one to do it but I found a few new interesting things that may or may not have been in the previous gen softwares.

*When speaking on a voice with headphones on you can hear music from the ipod and people talking at the same time and your phone partner can hear the same thing you do.

* Battery life is attrocious on the V1 phone now and the settings used to prolong life don't work anymore.

*The phones software is a bit glitchy or maybe its ATT with receiving txts.... I get txt messages super late because my phone is locked and as soon as I unlock I get like 14 txt messages. Could be ATT like I said...

Im not an iPhone pro and I don't know what to look for... Ive had the V1 from day one but I need a 2.0 post cause yall keep me on my toes with the phone lol... :D

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Im not the one to do it but I found a few new interesting things that may or may not have been in the previous gen softwares.

*When speaking on a voice with headphones on you can hear music from the ipod and people talking at the same time and your phone partner can hear the same thing you do.

* Battery life is attrocious on the V1 phone now and the settings used to prolong life don't work anymore.

*The phones software is a bit glitchy or maybe its ATT with receiving txts.... I get txt messages super late because my phone is locked and as soon as I unlock I get like 14 txt messages. Could be ATT like I said...

Im not an iPhone pro and I don't know what to look for... Ive had the V1 from day one but I need a 2.0 post cause yall keep me on my toes with the phone lol... :D

check out this thread
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/the-official-iphone-2-0-software-update.27189/

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 26, 2007
Thanks for the link... :D Thats not quite what ive meant. I saw that thread already... what I was speaking about was the old threads with tips and tricks for the new software. Like when 1.1.2 came out and I found out how to do the .com trick and a few other useful tips. I don't think people are really looking at the 2.0 software much as the apps and other knick nacks. Its too bad im not an expert in the interface or I could find some myself hahahhah Pitiful I know... Well thanks for the help hopefully someone with start the thread or we get a website like iPhoneschool to look at the software more thoroughly. I would like to get a grApple on the crappy txt message delay though. Its annoying... >:[

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Don't know how useful it is, but if you hold the Home button and press the power button for a sec it will take a screen shot of what is on your phone. It will show up in camera roll.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Well any 2.0 threads you start will probably be moved to the iPhone Software forum anyway. You might as well start it there.

Jul 26, 2007
Lol thanks for the screenshot tip! That was very cool hahahha! and as far as for me starting the thread... Ummmm I don't know jack about 2.0 software other than the camera trick above. And like I said people who know where to look for stuff are too busy messing with apps theres no time to find new native stuff... :[