Need Privacy For Text Messages! Now !

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 15, 2007
Northern CA
I know this has been said in a few post but Come On Apple! Do I love my iPhone? YES! But in showing it off to all that don't have one. And trust me I show this baby off every time I get. I don't need my entire text message or even who is texting me to come up in the middle of a demo or if someone is taking a look at my phone. I would like to know if anyone knows if there are any plans for privacy. Or a 3rd party app that would fix this?

Am I the only one that is having a problem with this?

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
I think they also need a password to get into your texts. I hate it how you have noisy friends and they starts reading your text.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
I think they also need a password to get into your texts. I hate it how you have noisy friends and they starts reading your text.
I can't quite understand this problem. Its my iPhone - full of private stuff, and it lives in my pocket. I don't hand my American Express card or Rolex around for people to admire either. Hi - You like my car? Here's the keys why don't you.

If you want to play with an iPhone - get your own, that's what I say

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I can't quite understand this problem. Its my iPhone - full of private stuff, and it lives in my pocket. I don't hand my American Express card or Rolex around for people to admire either. Hi - You like my car? Here's the keys why don't you.

If you want to play with an iPhone - get your own, that's what I say
Exactly what I have to say.

Unless you'd like to do a Restore so there's no data on there at all, deal with it.

- John

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
don't hand your phone out and then they can't read your businesss or take your calls...

Seems pretty simple to me. Are you really passing your iPhone around SO MUCH that you're concerned about this..?
Maybe the OP has 2 girlfriends (or boyfriends) and the texts from one may be seen from another? (BTW-I am just guessing. I am in no one accusing anyone of anything. I am just trying to think of a reason I would want to hide texts).

All my texts are so boring no one would want to read them. lol!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
The best "text privacy" is not leaving your phone where prying eyes can have a field day with it.

The intensity of the title of this post- "Need Privacy For Text Messages! Now !" tells me you got busted. Guess the explanation you offered regarding the text that was seen didn't get you out of hot water- Next time, be more careful! :p

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Maybe the OP has 2 girlfriends (or boyfriends) and the texts from one may be seen from another? (BTW-I am just guessing. I am in no one accusing anyone of anything. I am just trying to think of a reason I would want to hide texts).

All my texts are so boring no one would want to read them. lol!

Interesting. I hope your boyfriend doesn't see this. Are you you a little dirty girl? I am SO kidding! Its after 11pm est... R rated post...

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
What EXACTLY are people texting you (about 4 average words at best) that is SO private that nobody else can see it? I'm bored. I want to know.

Dec 15, 2007
Northern CA
The best "text privacy" is not leaving your phone where prying eyes can have a field day with it.

The intensity of the title of this post- "Need Privacy For Text Messages! Now !" tells me you got busted. Guess the explanation you offered regarding the text that was seen didn't get you out of hot water- Next time, be more careful! :p
No no no I don't have a problem getting busted at all. I would like to not have it always display. Recently I bought a kenwood radio that allows me to use my iPhone in the car, take calls, and use maps. I don't need everyone to know when sweetie might have or not have on as we are driving.

I also have found it useful to look up things for customers as I am showing them results on safari I hate for my messages to just pop up, its not professional.

I do show off my iPhone a lot its not a credit card or a rolex. Its one of the coolest gadgets ever I would just like to see this update.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
No no no I don't have a problem getting busted at all. I would like to not have it always display. Recently I bought a kenwood radio that allows me to use my iPhone in the car, take calls, and use maps. I don't need everyone to know when sweetie might have or not have on as we are driving.

I also have found it useful to look up things for customers as I am showing them results on safari I hate for my messages to just pop up, its not professional.

I do show off my iPhone a lot its not a credit card or a rolex. Its one of the coolest gadgets ever I would just like to see this update.
That's your story and you're sticking to it...huh? ;)

just playin' whicha! :p

M

Mac.ManPro

yes i think its annoying. My friends are nosy and like to read my stuff. its really easy for them because of this

Dec 22, 2007
Edmond, OK
Nobody touches my iPhone but me. Want to see it, I'll hold it and show you the features. Want to see more? Head over to the Apple Store or AT&T. Sounds harsh but just my opinion.