Need quick help

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
my buddy just bought an iPhone 3G. whenever he tries to download sportacular a box pops open and states: this is not compatible with this iPhone. Does anyone know what can be the problem.

PS

Pepe if u read this i put it in this section cause it's an iPhone3G even though it's regarding an app. I got the clue;)

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
my buddy just bought an iPhone 3G. whenever he tries to download sportacular a box pops open and states: this is not compatible with this iPhone. Does anyone know what can be the problem.

PS

Pepe if u read this i put it in this section cause it's an iPhone3G even though it's regarding an app. I got the clue;)
I just installed Sportacular on my iPhone 3G while watching Dodgeball in bed, and it's working. Therefore, it's a problem with your friend's iPhone. Did he upgrade it to 2.2? And did he do the usual iphone-related CPR maneuvers?

May I remove Sportacular now?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia

PS

I think it is indeed a firmware issue. Make sure he is on 2.2 and retry. This happens every time I try and sync Aurora Feint even though I am on 2.2. I've just decided I don't need the game any longer, a bit lame really.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
haha why you gotta single me out like that?

i'd love to help but i just got off work, am tired, and i'm going to bed. i will try to research in the morning to see if i can help you. hope you get it figured out

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
His wife just bought his iPhone for Christmas so I just assumed it already had 2.2. I'll let him know later on to see if that's the problem.

Dec 30, 2008
Texas
I am new here and got my iPhone for Christmas also, I had this problem also when trying to download a different application. I just went through iTunes and downloaded the upgrade to the iPhone, and then tried the application again, and it worked fine. So I assume that that was the issue. Try to download the iPhone software upgrade.