Need recommendation on good retractable headphones

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
hi all,

Does anyone know of any retractable headphones out there that have good sound quality. I have retractable headphones and they are very handy to have when brining your iPod touch with you everywhere but the problem is the sound quality on them are horrible

can anyone recommend a pair

thanks

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
miketl said:
hi all,

i posted this in the ipod touch accessories section as well but I don’t think there is enough traffic there so I’m sure this is a general inquiry as well.

Does anyone know of any retractable headphones out there that have good sound quality. I have retractable headphones and they are very handy to have when brining your iPod touch with you everywhere but the problem is the sound quality on them are horrible

can anyone recommend a pair

thanks
Are you talking about cord management? Like the retractable USB cable in the store section of this site? There are companies out there that make them. I made one from a cheap retractable phone headset. I took the old headset out and put my Apple headset in. Works pretty well, but you are still limited to as how much you can roll up, since it will stop at the split for the cords to each ear.

Last edited by a moderator:

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
ya, thats exactly what i am talking about.

just wondering if anyone has one with good sound quality

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Your best bet is to make your own. Get a good pair of headphones, and then find a good retractor and put then together.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
i think ill give that a try tonight

thanks

ThunderBull4

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
Yeah i've seen these around and wondered if they were good quality, i guess the majority of them arn't so good?