Need recommendations on accessories for first generation iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

xdawgg

Jul 17, 2007
Ok as soon as I bought my iPhone on the first day it came out, I googled an iPhone forums and found this site. Which I have to say is excellent.

Now with the 100 credit we are getting, I'm ready to buy some accessories. Here is what I'm looking for with questions.

1) I have an ipod car jack built right in my sterio. Does this allow my songs to come through the car speakers from the ipod? If so, I'm looking for a cable that connects my iPhone to my car radio.

2) Headphones......ouch, the ones that came with the iPhone hurts. Maybe its because I'm 5'1 and I have little ears. Any case I'm looking for some great bud headphones that does exactly what the original does ( receive incoming calls ).

3) A wireless bluetooth device. Again it has to be the right fit for my small ears.

Phew, thats about it. Thanks iPhone people !

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Ok as soon as I bought my iPhone on the first day it came out, I googled an iPhone forums and found this site. Which I have to say is excellent.

Now with the 100 credit we are getting, I'm ready to buy some accessories. Here is what I'm looking for with questions.

1) I have an ipod car jack built right in my sterio. Does this allow my songs to come through the car speakers from the ipod? If so, I'm looking for a cable that connects my iPhone to my car radio.

2) Headphones......ouch, the ones that came with the iPhone hurts. Maybe its because I'm 5'1 and I have little ears. Any case I'm looking for some great bud headphones that does exactly what the original does ( receive incoming calls ).

3) A wireless bluetooth device. Again it has to be the right fit for my small ears.

Is your car stereo 'ipod' ready meaning it has a small aux jack? If this is the case you just need the belkin iPhone headphone adapter (9.99 at the Apple store) and a small mini plug to mini plug cable.

If it is not just a small aux plug then you will need the adapter that goes with your brand of car stereo.

Apple has a bluetooth headset, there have been some complaints about it, but it is small.

As far as headphones it all depends how much you want to spend. I have some Shure in-ears that have yellow foam on them that take the shape of your inner-ear. They sound amazing but they were over 500 bones.

xdawgg

Jul 17, 2007
Is your car stereo 'ipod' ready meaning it has a small aux jack? If this is the case you just need the belkin iPhone headphone adapter (9.99 at the Apple store) and a small mini plug to mini plug cable.

If it is not just a small aux plug then you will need the adapter that goes with your brand of car stereo.

Apple has a bluetooth headset, there have been some complaints about it, but it is small.

As far as headphones it all depends how much you want to spend. I have some Shure in-ears that have yellow foam on them that take the shape of your inner-ear. They sound amazing but they were over 500 bones.

Yes, its an ipod ready aux jack. Does Apple sell the cable that goes in the jack to the stereo to the iPhone?

Links would be appreciated.

Thanks

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007

Welcome friend!

Hehe, you discovered the site the same way I did! Google: "iPhone forum".....TaDA!

;)