Need some advanced help

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Look at this picture. I can't seem to get my iPhone to sync its photos to my PC (they may be getting uploaded somewhere, but I don't know where).

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Right-click on that Apple iPhone device item with the exclamation mark and choose to uninstall it - restart Windows, plug back in the iPhone and see if it rediscovers it ...
Seemed to be working until this happened:

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
I'd do what Patrick said. If that doesn't help, uninstall iTunes and the iPhone (as per Patrick's instructions), reboot, reinstall iTunes, and then connect the iPhone again.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
I'd do what Patrick said. If that doesn't help, uninstall iTunes and the iPhone (as per Patrick's instructions), reboot, reinstall iTunes, and then connect the iPhone again.
Tried all of that but it didn't help. And also it is still a stock phone, nothing modified.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
What version of Windows?

BTW: iTunes has nothing to do with the issue. The iPhone exposes itself as a digital camera via USB. You should be able to plug into any Windows/Mac computer and have it work, no iTunes required. It should even work under Linux.

I would first try the iPhone on another PC/Mac (again, no iTunes required) just to rule out an iPhone issue. If it fails on another PC, reboot the iPhone (turn off, then back on). If it still doesn't work restore it and try again (assuming you have narrowed it down to an iPhone issue).

--
Mike

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
What version of Windows?

BTW: iTunes has nothing to do with the issue. The iPhone exposes itself as a digital camera via USB. You should be able to plug into any Windows/Mac computer and have it work, no iTunes required. It should even work under Linux.

I would first try the iPhone on another PC/Mac (again, no iTunes required) just to rule out an iPhone issue. If it fails on another PC, reboot the iPhone (turn off, then back on). If it still doesn't work restore it and try again (assuming you have narrowed it down to an iPhone issue).

--
Mike
I'll try this on my room mates mac once he wakes up. Hopefully it will work, I don't want to have to restore. =/