Need some advice.Any1 please?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 17, 2007
OK I'm not to tech savvy, but I wanted to see if anyone can help me. I noticed a lot of people are nice with the 3rd parts apps. So the Question is this. I'm already bored with my iPhone an I would like to hook it up with custom backgrounds on the launch screen, The NES emulater thing,an just put fun an entertaining stuff on it especially voice recoreder an custom ringtones, but I'm not a hacker(far from it):oops:, and Im alil scared that when Apple does the next update in February it'll brick or damage my phone becouse I waisted a lot of loot for it almost two grand for 2 iPhones an a couple of hundred dollers of down payment for both phones (NOT:cool:!)...So can any one tell me a safe website that I could download an suck this iPhone dry because this phone is so HOT! I wonna do everything it could possibly do with out damaging it..

P.S. Is their any website I can go to unlock the sim so I can switch my AT&T sim to a tmobile one when ever I want with out any problems?..

THANKS ALOT TO ANYONE THAT TAKES THE TIME TO READ THIS AN CAN HELP ME OUT..YOU WOULD MAKE MY MONTH, FORGET MY DAY!:):)

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
This is a smart bit of kit that does 95% of what I need it to do. I could hack it around and add another 2% of functionality - but at the cost of introducing buggy code I can't trust, and the hassle of what will go wrong at the next update?

And besides the iPhone hasn't got the form factor to turn it into a portable server or terminal tool, or hacking uber-gadget, or super game console.

Nah, particularly if you're not technical - don't join all the "Help! I've killed my iPhone" members. Get an Apple TV and hack that in stead.

Just my onion of course

M.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
yup im on 1.1.1.what next?lol..thats for the reply too brill
use a wifi connection and visit jailbreakme.com. Scroll down and hit install appsnap. Your safari will crash and you will see downloading progress. Takes less than a minute. When its done u will have a new icon called installer. Open it up and install bsdsubsystems and openssh from system folder.
Then I recommend summerboard.
After that browse through the apps and install what ever u want.
Have fun.

I don't unlock to use with other carriers so I cant give advice on that.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
hey fase i was the technical service rep here damnit lol just kidding you got to him before i did FAST, FRIENDLY care here at EiC gotta love it:laugh2:
LMAO! hey i've had a lot of practice... just figure i'd share my knowledge.... Ill cut ya in on half...
wait its free advice....
oh well!

Oct 17, 2007
use a wifi connection and visit jailbreakme.com. Scroll down and hit install appsnap. Your safari will crash and you will see downloading progress. Takes less than a minute. When its done u will have a new icon called installer. Open it up and install bsdsubsystems and openssh from system folder.
Then I recommend summerboard.
After that browse through the apps and install what ever u want.
Have fun.

I don't unlock to use with other carriers so I cant give advice on that.
its that easy huh?lol..thanks a lot .. Do you know if i install it now, and by the time the next feb' update comes would its mess up my phone?Or basicaly whats the worst that can happenn for installin it?an would i have a icon on my luanch screen?oh yes 1 more ? (sorry)what is summerboard?

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
its that easy huh?lol..thanks a lot .. Do you know if i install it now, and by the time the next feb' update comes would its mess up my phone?Or basicaly whats the worst that can happenn for installin it?an would i have a icon on my luanch screen?oh yes 1 more ? (sorry)what is summerboard?
If an update comes out you don't haveto update... thats 1
if you wanna update just restore your 1.1.1 to factory... thats 2
Summerboard is an extension of your springboard which allows you to change the theme... pre made themes with new icons and such... changes the look of the phone.. you will love it ... thats 3

Oct 17, 2007
If an update comes out you don't haveto update... thats 1
if you wanna update just restore your 1.1.1 to factory... thats 2
Summerboard is an extension of your springboard which allows you to change the theme... pre made themes with new icons and such... changes the look of the phone.. you will love it ... thats 3
lol..no doubt I'm about to do it.will my contacts an notes an all that stuff remain the same?an go to snapapp site right?OH! I haven't updtae my phone to 1.1.2 yet should i do that the try the jailbreak?because i read in another thread it was a lil faster on EDGE?

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
lol..no doubt I'm about to do it.will my contacts an notes an all that stuff remain the same?an go to snapapp site right?OH! I haven't updtae my phone to 1.1.2 yet should i do that the try the jailbreak?because i read in another thread it was a lil faster on EDGE?
If your gonna go up to 1.1.2 you need to jailbreak 1.1.1 anyway
I would stay at 1.1.1 for a few days to get used to your new phone...
when you are ready to goto 1.1.2 you will need the jailbreak program.. and will also have to install Oktoprep to your 1.1.1 phone..
you can find Oktoprep in the tweaks(1.1.1) folder in installer

you will not lose anything when you jailbreak 1.1.1... just visit the site click install takes 1min no joking

Oct 17, 2007
If your gonna go up to 1.1.2 you need to jailbreak 1.1.1 anyway
I would stay at 1.1.1 for a few days to get used to your new phone...
when you are ready to goto 1.1.2 you will need the jailbreak program.. and will also have to install Oktoprep to your 1.1.1 phone..
you can find Oktoprep in the tweaks(1.1.1) folder in installer

you will not lose anything when you jailbreak 1.1.1... just visit the site click install takes 1min no joking
OK so Oktoprep is in the snapapp already?tweaks are one of the folders correct?sorry if i have a lot of questions an if they sound stupid I just wonna do it right an i don't wonna damage my phone becouse IM BROKE!lol

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
OK so Oktoprep is in the snapapp already?tweaks are one of the folders correct?sorry if i have a lot of questions an if they sound stupid I just wonna do it right an i don't wonna damage my phone becouse IM BROKE!lol
you will understad me once you Jailbreak... it is safe... don't update to 1.1.2 yet just check it out on 1.1.1

Oct 17, 2007
you will understad me once you Jailbreak... it is safe... don't update to 1.1.2 yet just check it out on 1.1.1
ok I did it im still waiting to see what happeneds...i went to jailbreakme.com clicked on "install app" clicked on it an it went straight to the luanch menu.still waitin i just did it..might i add i did it via edge.should it matter?because i don't have strong wi-fi connection around me

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
ok I did it im still waiting to see what happeneds...i went to jailbreakme.com clicked on "install app" clicked on it an it went straight to the luanch menu.still waitin i just did it..might i add i did it via edge.should it matter?because i don't have strong wi-fi connection around me
I said wifi for a reason.... it wont work