Need some fast help please.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

little bob

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Im flying out to Disney World first thing in the morning and I just bought a splitter for my iPhone so my wife and I can watch some movies while on the plane.

Here is my problem. I plugged in the splitter and it works BUT One set of earphones is only getting the right side of the signal and the other the left(referring to stereo signals).

I checked for an option to turn my iPhone from stereo to mono but couldnt find one. Is there a way to fix this problem or is one of the sets of earphones going to get most of the background stuff and the other most of the talking?

The faster you help me the more appreciative I will be. :)

Thanks in advance.

Lips2000

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Houston, TX
Maybe...

Most likely, the splitter you are using (you didn't mention the brand) is to "Fat" to fit into the headphone jack. You might try trimming a ring of the plastic casing off with a knife and then see if it goes all the way into the headphone jack.

Just a thought. I had to do the same thing.

Mark

little bob

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
I bought this one at the Apple store. It has the little recessed part just for the iPhone. I forget the brand of the splitter and don't have the papers in front of me right now.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
If it is the monster one make sure that the volume on the one that is off is turned up. When I first got them I was pissed that only one side worked (got them for the exact same reason). I later noticed, after much swearing, that there are the little dials to adjust volume for each output.

little bob

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Also not all splitters are stereo to stereo. You may have a stereo to mono splitter.
Soooooo, what your saying is that some splitters just wont work right because there mono. All I have to do is check and see if mine is or is not. If it is a stereo one both sets of phones will get the L and R signals? right?

little bob

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Ok, I just checked and I have the monster iSplitter 200. It says that it accepts 1/8" Stereo Headphones. Now the question is....Does accepting 1/8 in Stereo Headphones mean that it actually transmits in stereo on both phones?

little bob

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Ok, this will be my last entry about this.

I just did some more 'tests' with this thing and here is what the deal is.

It works if I use two 'regular' sets of headphones. However, when I plug in the headphones that come with the iPhone(the ones you can use to talk with) those phones do not work right.

So the solution is to not use the headphones that come with the iPhone but use two completely different sets of headphones.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.