Need some help please.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
It was going to happen eventually - I can never not break something

Right so I have a jailbroken 1.1.4 which is sweet, im installing some applications when I stumble across a pretty sweet app called fontchange (does exactly what it says on the tin) So I install in and open the app, all looks ok, I change a couple of fonts and it says restart my phone, so I do.......but now it looks like the app has knackered up my iPhone. all that happened now is it boots up to the Apple black screen (pre load) and the little mac hour glass shows up! don't know what to do?

I hear some shout restore, I tried that but as its not technically switched on it wont restore and it just says an error has occurred and phone cannot be restored. so next guess is I open WinSCP which lets me browse my iPhone I guess like openssh does, but I don't have this installed, I don't think. So i browse through my phone and find the font program and go for a delete (guess this wasn't the best option but I did it anyway) so now there doesn't seem to be any trace of said program, but still problem exists.......

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
It was going to happen eventually - I can never not break something

Right so I have a jailbroken 1.1.4 which is sweet, im installing some applications when I stumble across a pretty sweet app called fontchange (does exactly what it says on the tin) So I install in and open the app, all looks ok, I change a couple of fonts and it says restart my phone, so I do.......but now it looks like the app has knackered up my iPhone. all that happened now is it boots up to the Apple black screen (pre load) and the little mac hour glass shows up! don't know what to do?

I hear some shout restore, I tried that but as its not technically switched on it wont restore and it just says an error has occurred and phone cannot be restored. so next guess is I open WinSCP which lets me browse my iPhone I guess like openssh does, but I don't have this installed, I don't think. So i browse through my phone and find the font program and go for a delete (guess this wasn't the best option but I did it anyway) so now there doesn't seem to be any trace of said program, but still problem exists.......

WHAT SHOULD I DO?
try restore mode.

hold down home and sleep until you see the Apple logo again, and them release sleep and wait until the connect to iTunes sign shows up.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
yes first thing I done, im used to this as I went through the nate true way of jailbreaking my 1.1.2 phone. before I went over to ZiPhone for the 1.1.3 jailbreak to 1.1.4.

As i wrote that I had a great idea, enter ZiPhone and let that be your friend, im in the middle of restoring at the moment. think FINGERS CROSSED its restoring. looks like ive lost all my photos and numbers but hey ho!

ZiPhone IS YOUR FRIEND!

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
Phew.....problem sorted, sorry for the panic, I actually thought id done it this time! no way back! ive even managed to get my old settings bak and numbers, somehow I had an old restore on my system! thank the lord!

Now the big question is...........do I jailbreak? I miss my SMB, pocketguitar and IANO? do i ust install these? ahhhhh

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
Jailbroke.........first thing I did was install the drummer app. wow! cant get summerboard to work, but ill figure that out, im on 1.1.4 so may need some fixes somewhere

Mar 2, 2008
Yep i had a 1.1.3 jailbreak then it crashed when i put some apps i guessed i shouldn't have. Now i have a 1.1.4 jailbreak and i love it the only problem is you cant customize it what so ever, i looked everywhere. If you come across something where you can do it let us know. I'm glad you have everything working now.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Yep i had a 1.1.3 jailbreak then it crashed when i put some apps i guessed i shouldn't have. Now i have a 1.1.4 jailbreak and i love it the only problem is you cant customize it what so ever, i looked everywhere. If you come across something where you can do it let us know. I'm glad you have everything working now.
I have 1.1.4 and use WINscp to change system sounds and i've got the old 80's style payphone dialer pad and can change all .png files to whatever I like. I have used Customize since 1.0.2 but now I'm finding that WINscp and Summerboard together are quite the duo.

Mar 2, 2008
I have 1.1.4 and use WINscp to change system sounds and i've got the old 80's style payphone dialer pad and can change all .png files to whatever I like. I have used Customize since 1.0.2 but now I'm finding that WINscp and Summerboard together are quite the duo.
Really! that would be awesome i use Winscp for nintendo and stuff i like that i didn't know you can change sounds there. im going search around to see if i can found out exactly how, is it hard and really easy to figure out?

Mar 2, 2008
keep searching....It is quite easy, actually.
i just saw the old payphone dailer thats looks freaking sweet! but it seem like a long process to put it on with all this weird restoring and syncing. I did add new sounds to my iPhone that was pretty easy.