Need some help with IMEI and data wipe

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by bees4honey, Oct 3, 2011.

1. bees4honey

bees4honey New Member

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if this is correct place for such thread, please correct me if I should move this topic.

I'm trying to find out if it's possible to read iPhone's IMEI number programmatically from Mac OS software and then automatically initiate data-wipe (so iPhone will be reset to factory defaults).

So my questions are:
    1. Is it possible to read IMEI from custom software installed on Mac OS computer?
    2. Is it possible to initiate reset to factory default from custom software running on Mac OS? Or only iTunes and FInd My iPhone apps can initiate data wipe?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

2. bees4honey

bees4honey New Member

Is there any way to remove personal info from iPhone and read IMEI programmatically using Mac OS computer? Besides iTunes or iPhone itself. It's needed for selling used iPhones, so all data can be deleted and IMEI of sold iPhone can be checked before selling it to new owner.

3. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

Why do you need custom software when you can just connect it to any iTunes and it'll show you the IMEI ?

4. bees4honey

bees4honey New Member

Because there are 100s of iPhone. This software will make the process (read and save IMEI, wipe data) faster.

5. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

Let me understand. You have 100s of iPhones to read and erase?

6. bees4honey

bees4honey New Member

7. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

Still trying to get my head around this and I know I must be missing something simple here. You must then have many computers if you're going to try to do this with lots of phones at the same time because you have to plug the phones into the computer no matter what software you're using. What I don't understand is if you're still going to need many computers why can't you use iTunes on each one of them?

8. bees4honey

bees4honey New Member

There are 100s of iPhones to wipe, but they are not wiped at the same time. One computer wipes one iPhone at one moment of time. There are lots of computers too. Now its done via iTunes. But it would be handy to have a tool where you just click 1 button and it automatically read IMEI, record this number somewhere and then starts wipe. It will make process faster. But unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible. Thanks for your replies!

9. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

I'm thinking a programmar could set something up using iTunes where it could cascade the phones and that would make it faster. Good luck.