Need some input on this!

Ravell

Nov 23, 2008
Firt time poster and new to the iPhone scene, I usually use windows base phones..

Background I bought an iPhone from a friend of mine... We are in ON Canada, anyways iPhone Model: MA712 Firmware:1.0.2 (1c28)

Ok I know she bought it from the US when it first came out and I know it unlocked because I can use it both on the Rogers and Fido networks here... Also I believe its a cingular or AT&T phone...

Is there a way to tell if it Jailbroken and also when I connect it to iTunes 8 it asks me to upgrade to 2.2, my concern with this is if I do update it would it go back to being locked? ( I don't want to update it and then realize I cant use it) Any advise on my concerns?

Thx Rav

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
what makes you think its jb already? is there an appl on there called cydia or installer?

Ravell

Nov 23, 2008
what makes you think its jb already? is there an appl on there called cydia or installer?

It has an Appl called installer on it but verytime I launch it it show"Donate now I see some apps in the background then it goes back to the home screen... all this happens in like 3 seconds... Does that means it jailbroken?

My main concren is if I was to click Yes to update it to the new 2.2 would it go back to being locked?

And if so how does one go about updating a 1.0.2 Firmware phone to the latest? or more recent firmware?

Or should I have some one do it for me?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
DO NOT UPDATE.

At least, not yet. I'm not sure if the 2.2 Firmware has been unlocked yet using either WinPWN or QuickPWN. If you update then your phone is very likely to mess up and it might cause the phone to brick. It will definitely relock the iPhone because the firmware is not supported within the original unlock that you had for 1.0.2 Firmware.

Ravell

Nov 23, 2008
I QuikPWN to version 2.1 everything is great...