Need Technical Advice on Spy Software

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Target, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

DISCLAIMER: I'm not looking for advice on parenting or the moral issues surround using spy software and spy apps. I'm looking for advice from people who have used spy apps successfuly. The person that would use the software is the owner of the phone and the service account. If you want to debate privacy issues or parenting issues or the moral compass of this topic then start your own thread! I am the Dad of a pre-teen. While I'm blessed with great child, I can't imagine the pressures kids go through today. But, lets table those discussions for now and talk about the technology.

Situation: My niece is in her mid-teens. A good kid that has an active social life as most teens do. Nothing that would embarrass the preacher mind you, but very active online. She has an iPhone 4S. She is very trusting yet naive. Her parents want to monitor her text messages. She has, in the past, deleted ones she didn't want read to protect her privacy of the current drama teens have these days. They do maintain passwords for iTunes and the social sites. However, there is no way to see what she texts or takes a pic of and sends over SMS. They want to monitor this iPhone secretly. They also want this to be secure and only accessible to them.

They have looked at teensafe.com and mspy. Does anyone have experience with these types of apps? If so, can share the good and bad? Does it effect the battery? How much data usage? Anyway for the teen user to disable the app? They prefer that it not be an app that can be seen or deleted. Really I'm looking for all the details you can share.

Thanks in advance.

Target

Sent using iCafe app

2. rojocrandall

rojocrandall Member
    Bronze

I have installed Cylay on all my family iPhones. Cylay has all the same functions as FindMyiPhone but a few more options I find useful: live streaming (audio, video, front/rear camera), remote pictures, forward received SMS, and more. I first installed for theft recovery, but with a teenage daughter, I also use it for other things.

3. arod2009

arod2009 New Member

So where can u get cylay?

4. rojocrandall

rojocrandall Member
    Bronze

Cydia Store...sorry, I should have mentioned you need to be jailbroken, as Apple
    does not trust us with this kind of functionality.

5. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

That iPhone isn't jailbroke. I should have mentioned that in the original post. That really isn't an option. But thanks for the reply.

Any others?

Target

Sent using iCafe app

6. arod2009

arod2009 New Member

So it needs to be jailbroken

7. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

It appears of you want to use that cylay app. My niece's iPhone will not be jailbroken anytime soon.

Sent using iCafe app

8. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I don't understand this. If the parents are willing to covertly install an app to keep track of their daughter without her knowledge, why would they be unwilling to install the Evasion JB and then a the program? Jailbreaking these days is almost as simple as installing an app. I'm not being smart ass here, just wondering why this isn't an option. Its a simple solution.

9. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Simple as it may be, they are not Apple savvy. The parents are (please forgive them) droids.

All kidding aside, how do you explain a jail break to a 15-year old? She just wants to listen to tunes, text all day and play a game or two. She has very little interest in changing the look and adding tweaks. But thank you for your reply. I do appreciate it.

Is there anything out there that doesn't require jail break?

Sent using iCafe app

10. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

The kid will have no idea that her phone has been jailbroken, and if the parents are not savvy enough to jailbreak (download a program on computer, one click on phone) then they won't be able to pull off installing and monitoring any other spy app. Just saying. I hope you find something.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Install Cydia and cylay. Keep everything else the same. She'll have no idea it was jailbroken. Heck, tell them you'll jailbreak it for them. It IS as easy as installing an app. You might even be able to hide Cydia & Cylay from the springboard.

12. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

That could be key to her never noticing it's been jailbroken. What are the odds of her NOT noticing the Cydia icon and investigating? I read the OP but I still suggest some old fashioned face-to-face honesty and communication. OK, I'll shut up now. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. henson Green

henson Green New Member

To install third party software on an iPhone, the first step is jailbreaking the target iPhone.

14. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

It's not Target's iPhone.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately jailbreak isn't an option.

Sent using iCafe app

15. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Apparently you didn't read the OPs post or the thread.

16. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Can you check KIK etc with any of the spyware ?

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

These kinds of threads really bring the spammers.

18. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Sorry.

Sent using iCafe app

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It's not you're fault. It must be your cologne.

20. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Why do you think I'm here? LOL