need to delete my contacts list

CapnFred

Jun 26, 2009
Rhode Island
I just got my first iPhone and I spent an hour entering the contacts for my phone list (one at a time). I was told that I could upload my contacts from outlook by syncing from my computer to my iPhone...I tried this and every contact that I had on the computer (mostly e-mail addresses went into my contacts list. (none of which had telephone numbers). Boy, am I in trouble....how do I get rid of that list on my iPhone. I noticed that there is a file that seems to be an app named contacts.... Is there a way of getting rid of that? (if there is, how do I do it.) I have only had this phone 2 days so I am really a newbee. Thanks in advance for any help and response to this post. CapnFred

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
I just got my first iPhone and I spent an hour entering the contacts for my phone list (one at a time). I was told that I could upload my contacts from outlook by syncing from my computer to my iPhone...I tried this and every contact that I had on the computer (mostly e-mail addresses went into my contacts list. (none of which had telephone numbers). Boy, am I in trouble....how do I get rid of that list on my iPhone. I noticed that there is a file that seems to be an app named contacts.... Is there a way of getting rid of that? (if there is, how do I do it.) I have only had this phone 2 days so I am really a newbee. Thanks in advance for any help and response to this post. CapnFred
As far as deleting or syncing particular ones from outlook, I don't believe its possible. What I would suggest is creating contact groups in outlook. One for your outlook contacts with no numbers, and one with all of the contacts you manually entered. Then in the contact list in your phone you can tap "groups" at the top of the screen and it will separate them for you. You cannot get rid of the "contacts" app because it is a factory app from Apple. The only way to hide the icon would be to jailbreak your phone and install SBSettings or a similar app from cydia. No offense but jailbreaking isn't for newbies so be cautious and do some homework if you decide to jailbreak.