need to do a battery calibration?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by otoke, Nov 5, 2013.

1. otoke

otoke New Member

Hi i'm new in Apple and this forums. I got a question with my new iPhone 4s. I think the battery drains faster than it supposed to be. Should I calibrate the battery? But my former Android phone S2 has two batteries(stock one and additional one from MPJ) worked perfectly without calibrated.

Is it necessary to do this? Thx!

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Welcome to the forum.

A battery calibration is not necessary to do very often, but for some people they notice that their iPhone dies at weird numbers, such as in my experience my iPhone turned off at 30% one time. Of course the battery percentage you see is not always accurate. I would at least do a calibration on your iPhone once to see if you can tell a difference in your iPhone battery use than before.

3. chyoukirai

chyoukirai New Member

Definitely not a must. Battery drainage depends on the way you use your iPhone and many other factors like screen brightness, and signal strength, etc. All my cell phone batteries worked good without calibration, included a S4 extended battery from a same manufactor like yours for s2.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Let the battery die by running it down to zero every month or so. That's all you need to do to calibrate it.