Need to exchange my iPhone - question

Jul 31, 2007
My luck brought me an iPhone with a dead pixel on it. Its dead for sure not stuck.

Now I know they'll exchange it, but I have a question about this process:

- How will I keep my number and stuff? What all do I keep? I just got the iPhone today so I don't have anything on it, I just don't want to have to reactivate it or get a new number...

Thanks to all replies :laugh2:

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
You will keep your same number. You'll just go back into iTunes and reactivate the new phone. Any information that you sync to the iPhone is on your computer. You restore that information using iTunes. Since you didn't put anything on the phone. You don't have to worry about that part.

Jul 31, 2007
You will keep your same number. You'll just go back into iTunes and reactivate the new phone. Any information that you sync to the iPhone is on your computer. You restore that information using iTunes. Since you didn't put anything on the phone. You don't have to worry about that part.
So it will realize I already have a number and just have me keep that and not require me to set up a plan?

xer4492

Jun 29, 2007
well it does kind of ask you to set up a data plan and additional texts, but you won't be double billed. I thought so but called Apple and At&t. I have had to due this twice and it is a quick and painless process.
-Good Luck

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
My luck brought me an iPhone with a dead pixel on it. Its dead for sure not stuck.

Now I know they'll exchange it, but I have a question about this process:

- How will I keep my number and stuff? What all do I keep? I just got the iPhone today so I don't have anything on it, I just don't want to have to reactivate it or get a new number...

Thanks to all replies :laugh2:

When they send you a temp. phone / replacement phone, full instructions will be included. When you pull the SIM card from your old phone and insert it into the new one, it will carry your phone number and plan information, with it.