Need to restore my ios 7

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Hello,
I need to restore ios 7 on my iPhone5 because when it is in silent mode, it automatically gets swapped to general mode and within 2-3 secs it goes back to silent mode. This happens quite often. I have checked there is no problem with the side switch. But everything goes smooth when the phone is kept in general mode.
Can anyone help me please ?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
What's your question? Have you tried resetting all settings?

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Will resetting all settings solve my issue ?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
There's no way to know for sure until you try it. Here are the basic troubleshooting steps you should follow whenever you experience problems. Move on to the next step if the problem isn't solved. Restoring prior to doing the first three might be a waste of time. If the problem isn't solved with the final step, take it to Apple.

1. Reboot
2. Hard reset
3. Reset all settings
4. Restore from backup
5. Restore to factory settings

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
No ones going to know that until you try it. It could be a faulty switch. But try resetting settings first. If that doesn't work, you may need to take it to Apple and let them check it out. A repair would be expensive without Applecare+. In the mean time, here's some things you can do.
http://www.iPhonefaq.org/archives/971157

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
I did but it did not work. Is there any other solution ?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No ones going to know that until you try it. It could be a faulty switch. But try resetting settings first. If that doesn't work, you may need to take it to Apple and let them check it out. A repair would be expensive without Applecare+. In the mean time, here's some things you can do.
http://www.iPhonefaq.org/archives/971157
You don't need AppleCare+ unless it's accidental damage or more than a year old. If it was determined to be a hardware defect and was purchased less than a year ago, it would be covered under the standard AppleCare warranty and replaced for free.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Thank you everyone. My handset is under warranty yet. So will try all the mentioned steps and update you for any further assistance. Appreciate your help !

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Hello,
I have finally figured out there is a problem with the switch itself. It is not broken but seems to be a bit loose from inside. I analyzed this issue by turning to silent mode using assertive touch. So, will this switch be replaced free of cost as it comes under warranty ?

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Hello,
I have finally figured out there is a problem with the switch itself. It is not broken but seems to be a bit loose from inside. I analyzed this issue by turning to silent mode using assertive touch. So, will this switch be replaced free of cost as it comes under warranty ?
Apple will replace the phone itself, not just the switch. So when you take it to them or mail it to them, be sure to do a full backup and sync of the phone first.