Need to Vent about SMS

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
I have to get it out ! How can a phone so advanced be so stuck in the fuc#$%^ 80's ! I hate.... I mean hate having to log into the stupid mymessage bulls%^& ! L's look like 1's and all the other crap. This honestly makes me want to smash my phone to pieces. How the hell are they going to create a phone that work by touch but not pull in text messages with media ? You think the phone is hot until you stand next to someone who got a phone for free with their plan and they can open a text with media no problem. Hey check out my iPhone it can do everything from launch missles to give you weather around the world..... texts... sorry man gotta go on the internet and wait for it to download.... if it does !

Sighhhhh, still don't feel better.

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
I have to get it out ! How can a phone so advanced be so stuck in the fuc#$%^ 80's ! I hate.... I mean hate having to log into the stupid mymessage bulls%^& ! L's look like 1's and all the other crap. This honestly makes me want to smash my phone to pieces. How the hell are they going to create a phone that work by touch but not pull in text messages with media ? You think the phone is hot until you stand next to someone who got a phone for free with their plan and they can open a text with media no problem. Hey check out my iPhone it can do everything from launch missles to give you weather around the world..... texts... sorry man gotta go on the internet and wait for it to download.... if it does !

Sighhhhh, still don't feel better.
You actually should change the title to Venting about MMS because that is what the iPhone doesn't have, and I agree I think its a very gross oversite.

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
OKAY MMS. I don't care what the F its called. I just think its stupid !

What sucks is my friends text me and it comes in as an MMS. So I have to go through all that crap to see someone say Hi !

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
I think that it sucks that the phone doesn't have MMS... But I knew that it didn't have it when I bought the phone so it doesn't matter to me.

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
OKAY MMS. I don't care what the F its called. I just think its stupid !

What sucks is my friends text me and it comes in as an MMS. So I have to go through all that crap to see someone say Hi !
wait, that shouldn't be happening. if someone is texting you, it should show up as a text, no problems. you might have something wrong with your phone.

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
yes but how the hell can a phone so packed with futuristic features be like a caveman phone with the simplest thing ? It amazes me !

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
yes but how the hell can a phone so packed with futuristic features be like a caveman phone with the simplest thing ? It amazes me !
yes, it can't send or receive MMS, but i've actually gotten used to sending emails now. if it's a dealbreaker for you, you might want to switch phones. i've gotten over it.

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
Maybe you should take callisto's advice! LOL If your that upset over it.. the good outweigh the bad for me..

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
Maybe you should take callisto's advice! LOL If your that upset over it.. the good outweigh the bad for me..
i was really bummed about the lack of MMS at first, but then i realized that by sending it via email, i wasn't using a text(MMS) message, so it didn't count against my text plan.

and like sportychick said, the plusses of the iPhone outweigh the minuses, at least for me. if this is not the case for you, then i'd go back to a different phone.

me, i'm keeping the iPhone AND my sony ericssons! :)

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
i was really bummed about the lack of MMS at first, but then i realized that by sending it via email, i wasn't using a text(MMS) message, so it didn't count against my text plan.

and like sportychick said, the plusses of the iPhone outweigh the minuses, at least for me. if this is not the case for you, then i'd go back to a different phone.

me, i'm keeping the iPhone AND my sony ericssons! :)

I have never been one to send mms on a regular phone so that part for me doesn't matter. As you said - if I need to attach anything my email is right there and ready to go....

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
I have never been one to send mms on a regular phone so that part for me doesn't matter. As you said - if I need to attach anything my email is right there and ready to go....
i used to use MMS all the time, but i've gotten used to email now. you can actually send better pics that way. sure, it's not as instant, but it works.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Not to mention the fact that sms now sucks since the last update and displays conversations out of order. Ridiculous!:(

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
MMS is old school. For little kiddies....

Email is the far superior form of communication here. It's cost free, as well.
Can't agree. Email is definitely not convenient when you want to send a pic to someones phone, unless they have a treo or some pda phone. Why would I wan't to send a pic to their email? They won't receive it till they check their email so I might as well just waited til I got home and sent it from my laptop.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
yes the SMS scrambled out of order messages drives me insane!

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
yes, it can't send or receive MMS, but i've actually gotten used to sending emails now. if it's a dealbreaker for you, you might want to switch phones. i've gotten over it.
The sending part isn't the part that is annoying to me, I send them through email all the time. But they have to figure out a better way for us to view MMS messages. viewmymessage.com is total crap.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Can't agree. Email is definitely not convenient when you want to send a pic to someones phone, unless they have a treo or some pda phone. Why would I wan't to send a pic to their email? They won't receive it till they check their email so I might as well just waited til I got home and sent it from my laptop.
yep I agree with you, the whole point of MMS was to be able to point, click, shoot, and send conveniently and easy. email is not the easiest way to do that.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
mine seem to work fine?.?.?
in my SMS threads the messages get reversed or out of order so to speak. It doesn't happen every te but I sent on average about. 100 messages a day so I notice it allot.