Neeed advice about iPhone

Sep 2, 2008
Like to get wife iPhone but i'm going to buy it outright without activating it. Then JB the iPhone and pull SIM card out of her old phone (AT&T phone) and put it in the JB iPhone. Will this work.

Thanks,
BW

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
It should work just fine. Actually, I don't think it's necessary to Jailbreak in order to do what you want to do. However, if you want to Jailbreak for other reasons, it certainly shouldn't cause any problems.

The only concern I can think of is, depending on her old phone and her cellular plan, she may not pay for/have access to cellular date, AKA the internet on her phone. All that means is that getting on the internet(via iPhone) without updating her plan will trigger very expensive fees.

Other than that, it sounds good!

Sep 2, 2008
Hey thanks man,

Yeah, she doesn't have data plan on her older phone. I was wondering if I can get around paying for another data plan, lol. Any one has any other suggestions.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Unless you buy it from a 3rd party source (ie. eBay, Craigslist) then you're going to have to subscribe to the data plan. But, if you were to buy an unlocked phone then it would be as easy as taking her SIM out of her old phone and putting it into the new iPhone.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Hey thanks man,

Yeah, she doesn't have data plan on her older phone. I was wondering if I can get around paying for another data plan, lol. Any one has any other suggestions.
They will make you activate it if you buy it at the Apple or att store and for the iPhone contacts aren't stored on the sim cards. Also, be very careful about not getting a data plan as the iPhone hogs data and you could get a $14,000 bill if you are not careful.