Neep help .. how to JB my iPhone?

hello everyone!

I'm a new user on everythingicafe. I came here looking for instructions on how to JB my iPhone 3g 16g. I'm a bit scared but wud like to take this step. I need someone to guide me through, I will really appreciate your help.

ty very much for your help!

I've been going through other threads and I guess I've come to the right place for everything tht i need to knw about iPhone..

I'd still appreciate a walkthrough on how to go about it .. (step by step).. i'm kinda scared on doing it myself as I'm a complete noob when it comes to iPhone .. hehe ..

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
The last time I jailbroke an iPhone, I used an iClarified guide that gives clear step-by-step instructions. Here are the guides if you're using a Mac or a PC. Start there and let us know if you have any problems along the way. :)

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I second the iClarified tutorials. They're the best out there.

In step 10 it says... "Hold the Home button for 5 seconds, Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds,..."

how shud i go about it .. it's kinda confusing.. am i suppose to release the home button after holding it for 5 seconds .. and then hold the power and home button together for 10 sec?

and one more thing .. i'm not a AT&T service user.. I live in Malaysia and my iPhone is factory unlocked .. so i hope the service doesn't have anything to do with the JB..

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
In step 10 it says... "Hold the Home button for 5 seconds, Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds,..."

how shud i go about it .. it's kinda confusing.. am i suppose to release the home button after holding it for 5 seconds .. and then hold the power and home button together for 10 sec?

That sounds about right...but it tell you exactly what do to in the program and counts the seconds for you. Just do exactly what it says. You should here the sound your computer makes when you plug in a USB twice if it's done correctly.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
and one more thing .. i'm not a AT&T service user.. I live in Malaysia and my iPhone is factory unlocked .. so i hope the service doesn't have anything to do with the JB..
I don't know the answer to this...

YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!
Thank you soo much guys! .. i got it done successfuly ..
I wan on the edge of my seat doing it .. but it's surprisingly easy to follow ! :D
Ty soo much again!

it certainly is cool .. hehe ..

wud u suggest some good applications.. i wanna customise and may be play games..

u knw wat i mean .. :) .. rite now i feel like a kid at a candy store!

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Well make sure you install an app called Winterboard...
-because that is like the base of all major customization;)

Then just browse the through the many sections of Cydia and dowload whatever you find interesting :)

I would recommend some security protections apps first like, APTBackup, or Lockdown... and maybe the Quake and Game advance games ;)
-Their is just so much variety in Cydia that I cant just recommend a few cause I will end up taking pages and pages of your thread up by all the apps and customizes I like ;)

hehehehe .. ok rite now i cant get a wireless connection on my phone..
but i will be heading to my friend's house n using it there..
so i just tap on cydia and i will find the apps there or do i have to search for them on a specific site.. ? m sorry but m a complete rookie ..

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Everything is done through Cydia. Just tap on cydia, let it load. Then tap on search and type in what you're looking for.

If you wana just browse and see what things do or look like, tap on sections and pretty much look around.

Cydia will tell you when one of the apps needs updating. Tap on Changes and you will see the update option in the top right.