NES 1.71 Released! (Installer)

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Major improvements here with prefs, sound and overall functionality. Thanks to the dev team. Please help by financially supporting these guys!

tonyj81

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
VA Beach
LOL i was just checking installer and found this came on to the boards to post it and..................... beat me to the punch!

Sep 9, 2007
I have been trying it out today, its good. All of my games now look right, and the alignment problems i had before are gone. There is still no diagonal on the controller part, but there is a new "sensory pad" which seems kinda cool. Its hard to use, but I see the potential for sure.

Great work guys!

tonyj81

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
VA Beach
Not only did they do 1.7.1 today but 1.8.0 was added to installer not to long ago as well! Someone is on the ball, go update!

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Not only did they do 1.7.1 today but 1.8.0 was added to installer not to long ago as well! Someone is on the ball, go update!
NES 1.8.0 did show up on Installer at around 2 PM (PST) complete with Bass Boost and improved Sensory Pad. Maybe 1.8.1 is around the corner?:rolleyes:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Alright, if this ruins my Double Dragon save file one more time I'm gonna start loathing these updates... That game is ridiculously hard yo! Thats RIDICULOUSLY with an R!

I'm finally back to the machinegun guy in the end with 2 lives left (all you get the whole game) and full energy... I'm not "at" him exactly, I'm at the fight sequence where you gotta kill all the mini bosses all over again one after another, two at a time, before the machinegun end-boss finally comes out. I'm pullin' ma hair out trying to figure out his pattern because I can't get to him with full energy yet...

Oh man, I'd better just try and finish the game before I update to 1.8.0 even though the update would mean I'd get my high notes back, and in DD the best music is the last stage, which is where I'm at...