NES.app v2.0.5 for 1.1.3

bean22

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
The current version of NES.app in installer is 2.0.1 (i think), which doesn't work with 1.1.3. I know that ROMs now go into var/mobile/Media and i tried that with v2.0.1 and it didn't work.

So if i want to manually install the latest version (2.0.5) of NES.app, as far as i know i have to place it in the Applications folder. But what i want to know is: do i need to set the permissions once it's installed? I know that with previous versions of NES.app the permissions had to be set to 0755, but with this version i'm assuming it's a different setting.

If anyone knows how to install it and get it working, please let me know.

nico_swd

Feb 11, 2008
Spain.
www.nicoswd.com
I have my ROMs in:
/var/root/Media/ROMs/NES

Permissions are: 644

NES app version 2.0.1

iPhone firmware 1.1.3

And it works just fine for me.

chaunce

Oct 22, 2007
The current version of NES.app in installer is 2.0.1 (i think), which doesn't work with 1.1.3. I know that ROMs now go into var/mobile/Media and i tried that with v2.0.1 and it didn't work.

So if i want to manually install the latest version (2.0.5) of NES.app, as far as i know i have to place it in the Applications folder. But what i want to know is: do i need to set the permissions once it's installed? I know that with previous versions of NES.app the permissions had to be set to 0755, but with this version i'm assuming it's a different setting.

If anyone knows how to install it and get it working, please let me know.
Once installed, as long as the roms are in var/mobile/media/ROMs/NES it should be fine. I have 2.05 installed and I did not need to change permissions.

brzman1

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Miami, Fl
Once installed, as long as the roms are in var/mobile/media/ROMs/NES it should be fine. I have 2.05 installed and I did not need to change permissions.
Where do you obtain the NES app?

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
nes is in installer. Where do you get the roms? I have finder and the nes thing. What's else do I need?

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA
I have my ROMs in:
/var/root/Media/ROMs/NES

Permissions are: 644

NES app version 2.0.1

iPhone firmware 1.1.3

And it works just fine for me.
Now when you say your ROMSs are in /var/root/Media/NES what does that mean? Where is that and how do I get ROMs in there? Im a rookie so bare with me.... thanks guys!:(

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I'm so pissed. Mine was working just fine. Emulator plus the classic roms pack (off of installer) and it worked fine. Then today it has me do the nes update and now it says no roms. Who do I aim my middle finger at?

velcro123

Feb 16, 2008
CT
I'm so pissed. Mine was working just fine. Emulator plus the classic roms pack (off of installer) and it worked fine. Then today it has me do the nes update and now it says no roms. Who do I aim my middle finger at?
Yeah same here, just move the roms from the old folder to the new folder the emulator specifys(sp) and you should be ok !

brzman1

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Miami, Fl
Do you find it hard to control the game? Is there any type of update or something to make it better?