NES Emulator Released for iPhone!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Muncle

Jul 16, 2007
Texas
I didn't make it, but you can go here the project homepage to download the app and I guess install it.

I haven't done anything more than add ringtones and carrier logos, so maybe someone experienced here can explain how to install 3rd party apps

bluelynx

Jul 23, 2007
Houston
Of course.

Where do we put the file though?

Do we create a new dir and then drop it in there? I have looked but cant find instructions on this forum or modmyiPhone.com.

Muncle

Jul 16, 2007
Texas
I'm pretty sure it is in the "iPhone Modifications" Forum, but I'm not totally positive.

Someone might be kind enough to post the instructions here.

I was reading the app author's notes and he was saying he was going to try to implement sound and better controls by the end of the week. He's also thinking of making the emulator widescreen to allow more space for controls!

Can't wait for the updates!

T

TurboSC

I knew the floodgates would be opened very very soon. This is a big step for iPhone hacking. <3

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
Hey disco, are you using a mac?

if so, how do i install this?
i am using a mac but i installed ssh on my windows because its really easy. theres some kit on modmyiPhone.com for windows that installs SSH for you. Once ssh is installed you can just drop the files in really easy using transmit.

but if you don't have a PC here is how you do it on a mac http://iPhone.natetrue.com/

and to get you ready here are some screenshots of me playing zelda :)