NES Emulator

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
ok i installed ssh on my iPhone, now how do i install the NES emulator? do i just drag and drop the nes.app folder in the apps folder? where do i put roms?

sickmunkeyz

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
put nes app inside your apps folder using scp. i have windows so i right click the folder and make sure the permissions is set to 0755 for the folder and for the file sin folder. you roms should go in a folder i think under media in folder with ROMs/NES/. make sure you set the permissions.

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
i'm assuming your using windows, so use winSCP, drag and drop the Nes.app into the "Applications" folder, than right click on the folder and make sure all the X's are checked, so it will say octal is 0755, now go into the folder and do the same for nes.app, any other program you install in the Applications folder do the same. Next goto var/root/Media/ and create a directory called NES, than create ROMs, so it will be var/root/Media/NES/ROMs
than drag the .nes rom files you can find from google into that folder

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
oh ok I get what to do now. Is there any way to do it without wifi? It is so hard to connect to my wifi max stick on my computer, I only got it to connect once.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Is it NES/ROMs or ROMs/NES?

And I made that folder and used manzana to copy the nes roms into that folder. Now what do I do? Because when I reset it, there are no roms there when I open up the app?

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Is it NES/ROMs or ROMs/NES?

And I made that folder and used manzana to copy the nes roms into that folder. Now what do I do? Because when I reset it, there are no roms there when I open up the app?
Seconded, and I tried both NES/ROMs and ROMs/NES.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
Grrrr!

im having trouble downloading the binkit and the nes emulator..it wont unzip the files...im thinking it might be cause im using visita..any suggestions or can some one send me the files cause they don't seem to be working well when i try to get them off google, everything iPhone and modmyiPhone..any help apperciated!

choffy21

Nov 28, 2008
Glendale, AZ
Ok, so I found the NES Emulator on Cydia, and need to know how to put ROM's onto my iPhone

Please put the whole thing into lamence terms; I'm not very technology-literate

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Ok, so I found the NES Emulator on Cydia, and need to know how to put ROM's onto my iPhone

Please put the whole thing into lamence terms; I'm not very technology-literate

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me
Find NES ROMs. Can't tell you where, sorry. Google or YouTube it.

Do you have a PC or MAC? Need to download a program like WinSCP (PC) or Fugu (Mac). Install an App in Cydia called "Open SSH" (Not sure if you need this with newer firmware jailbreaks, I do it anyway). This App will not have an icon or anything, it just allows you to connect to your iPhone via WiFi so you can see the file structure. You will need the IP address your iPhone is using on your WiFi (WiFi Settings in iPhone), the Username is "root" and the Password is "alpine". When you connect to your iPhone you will see some folders. With these two programs your computer's folders will be on left side and the iPhone's folders will be on the right side. You will see the folder path when you open the NES App. The last two folders you will need to make, ROMs & NES. Place the ROMs in the NES folder.

Done.