NES FOR THE iPhone! (yes a real 3rd party app)

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
if you havnt tried out .58 you MUST try it out! the multi touch is unreal!

Official site here:
http://code.google.com/p/iPhonenes/

********Landscape & Portrait mode! LASTEST NES BUILD 0.58********

I try to keep this link updated with the latest NES build.

Screensot of landscape mode:

Build 0.18 is much faster and much more playable then 0.01 which was released yesterday. You need SSH to install this correctly so you can set permissions. If you try to install this using iPhoneinterface and it doesn't work you didn't set your permissions to 555.

Last edited by a moderator:

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I know a lot of us have been waiting for this, let me know how it runs, i cant do much on my laptop and my desktop is 100 miles away.

Thanks!:eek:

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Where and how to do you install this? Great find by the way!

prmdbr

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
i think you need Jailbreak to install this, unfortunately for me Jailbreak hasn't worked since the update.

Damn it.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
well I know you need jailbreak , but like where do you install it in the directory?

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
i think you need Jailbreak to install this, unfortunately for me Jailbreak hasn't worked since the update.

Damn it.
yes you do need jailbreak and SSH installed. i still havnt got it working but im close. and if your on a PC and jailbreak hasn't worked for you since the update download this http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...70629.B7vXa/iPhone1,1_1.0_1A543a_Restore.ipsw

Then rename it from .ipsw to .zip, then put it in the same directory as jailbreak and exact it. Then you should be good to go :)

Aug 3, 2007
How much does this cost? do you need certain programs to run this? is it hard to play? does it take up a lot of memory?

Thanks.

Aug 3, 2007
What does secure shell do? is it "like" anti-virus? it stops hackers and all that crap?

Thanks.

qryptiq

Jul 21, 2007
What does secure shell do? is it "like" anti-virus? it stops hackers and all that crap?

Thanks.
think of it as a DOS command but for OS X (UNIX/Linux systems) where you have a console (black screen) and you securely send commands to the unit - hence SSH - shell is the console, secure is the connection. Hope i explained that right......;)

SSH is a promising way of having access to the iPhone and install all types of 3rd party goodies - errr............ eventually...

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
from what ive read about it, its not even close to being done... great first steps in the right direction but nothing to go crazy over... the direction buttons are kinda functional... they are set as toggle's so its either full blown run or no run.. also it plays slow compared to the original game... but it will be cool when they figure out the bugs...

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
from what ive read about it, its not even close to being done... great first steps in the right direction but nothing to go crazy over... the direction buttons are kinda functional... they are set as toggle's so its either full blown run or no run.. also it plays slow compared to the original game... but it will be cool when they figure out the bugs...

Exactly...this is so primitive at this point it is not worth doing. My cousin who will do anything has this emulator running and SSH working and honestly it is crap. It runs unbearably slow, the buttons are all messed up ad the sound wasn't working....

Yes this is very promising but it is months and months away from anything worthwhile. For legitimate 3rd party apps to take off with the public, the process will have to be simlplified and a GUI will need to be implemented.

Brandon!

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I'm extremely happy that they are making progress. I don't plan on putting this on my phone, but I think its a MAJOR step forward. Give them time and encouragement guys!

Matt

Bronze
May 10, 2007
I see Zelda on the list!

IM STOKED! Hope they get it running soon!

Azteka

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
The 707
This is tight....i like it!...where do u install the games?

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
Exactly...this is so primitive at this point it is not worth doing.
yeh i'd imagine in time, those emulators could be rewritten and properly compiled to take full advantage of the iPhone's processors and graphics to speed it up considerably.

At this point, I'd be very surprised to see Apple ship Leopard without an official SDK for the iPhone. With all the progress being done by those crazy talented iPhone Dev Wiki hackers, that might not even be needed tho... but what's really needed is an official compiler with all hooks built-into the customized processor.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
well. looks cool but i just saw the video on youtube.. i mean. look at the lag when you press a button, its not even worth download. IMO
:laugh2: