NES games save?

Timerthy

Bronze
Jan 31, 2009
Houston, tx
I've tried saving games ,but it never worked. I done a lot of researching, but everything says type a command in WinSCP.
The problem is I don't have WinSCP. I just downloaded the games straight from Cydia.

It's saves Genesis game fine, just not NES games.

Anyone know how to fix it?

(I need my Zelda!)

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
How did you get ANY of zodttd's emulators to save? I have Autosave enable but it never saves...or maybe I just haven't been playing a game long enough?

Timerthy

Bronze
Jan 31, 2009
Houston, tx
I don't really know. I just d/l it and played. It'll save my Genesis game, but not Nintendo.

Also when it saves Genesis it just keeps adding a new saved game to the save folder so I've got a lot...

Jul 21, 2008
Yes you have to enter a command on winscp for it to work. Maybe there are other ssh programs that let you enter commands but winscp is the only one i am familiar with. With winscp just click "Open Terminal." Then type:

"chown -hR mobile /var/mobile" but without the quotes.

Then click "Execute"

That is for iPhone 3g. I think the first gen iPhone might be different. So if that doesn't work people say "chown -hR mobile /var/root" is the right command for the first gen iPhone but I haven't tried it. These commands also work with other emulators by zod.

Timerthy

Bronze
Jan 31, 2009
Houston, tx
Dang. So I'll have to setup the WinSCS thingy or SSH or whatever it's called.
I was hoping there was something I could do in my phone without doing that.

I have an iPhone 3G btw

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Yes you have to enter a command on winscp for it to work. Maybe there are other ssh programs that let you enter commands but winscp is the only one i am familiar with. With winscp just click "Open Terminal." Then type:

"chown -hR mobile /var/mobile" but without the quotes.

Then click "Execute"

That is for iPhone 3g. I think the first gen iPhone might be different. So if that doesn't work people say "chown -hR mobile /var/root" is the right command for the first gen iPhone but I haven't tried it. These commands also work with other emulators by zod.
That just hangs forever and does nothing.

Timerthy

Bronze
Jan 31, 2009
Houston, tx
My only problem is that it asks for some wifi IP address...I don't have wifi.
I'll have to play around with it tonight some.

anodized

Bronze
Feb 18, 2008
I had this same exact problem...yeah you can mess with the ownership stuff, but I just re-installed the NES emulator. Let me know if that works for you. I love it now!