NES: If it's going to work offically

Banzai

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Then NES and Apple are going to have to come up with a line of bluetooth controllers.

But that could be a good thing. Depending on the platform you emulate you switch to the controller of your liking, map the keys and play without taking up screen real estate.

If Apple is watching this forum you can take that to the bank!:cool:

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Then NES and Apple are going to have to come up with a line of bluetooth controllers.

But that could be a good thing. Depending on the platform you emulate you switch to the controller of your liking, map the keys and play without taking up screen real estate.

If Apple is watching this forum you can take that to the bank!:cool:
I don't think I would want to have to carry around some blue tooth controller just on the off chance that I would want to play Nintendo that day. I, strange enough, think I prefer the onscreen controller. I mean yeah it's not great, but it's better than having some bulky video game controller in your pocket at all times.

Banzai

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
I don't think I would want to have to carry around some blue tooth controller just on the off chance that I would want to play Nintendo that day. I, strange enough, think I prefer the onscreen controller. I mean yeah it's not great, but it's better than having some bulky video game controller in your pocket at all times.
Personally the games are unplayable with the screen. I'd carry around the controller is I knew it would mean I would have a full working NES on road trips. I'm sure there would be a case and controler(s) (NES, Atari, Pong, WASD) that would make it all convenient.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
1- This is wishful thinking, but some sort of controller is definitely needed

2- NES on iPhone officially = Impossible. It would create overlap with the DS/GB and Ninety are very good at not overlapping their products. This isn't Sony...

3- The final version of the NES emulator plays very well. Sure not all games are playable, but I'm counting over 20 that are. 0 < 20 imho...

Last edited by a moderator:

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I would love having an external controller for the NES roms. I would be very shocked if it actually happened though. It would probably not be handled by Apple or nintendo though.

nickfury

Jul 21, 2007
A WiiMote could work great for this.

I use mine all the time to play NES roms on my macbook. Heck, I could think of a few other usefull things a WiiMote could be used for other than just playing NES roms on the iPhone; changing songs while in IPOD mode hooked into a stereo comes to mind.. etc

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007

I use mine all the time to play NES roms on my macbook. Heck, I could think of a few other usefull things a WiiMote could be used for other than just playing NES roms on the iPhone; changing songs while in IPOD mode hooked into a stereo comes to mind.. etc
Very cool idea, I forgot the Wiimote uses BT.

Banzai

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007

That's like, a multi million dollar idea!

Nintendo moves more Wii's and Apple gets a game controller. So easy, so available.

Aug 16, 2007
That's like, a multi million dollar idea!

Nintendo moves more Wii's and Apple gets a game controller. So easy, so available.
I think that would only mean Nintendo move's more controllers and not the complete console.

Banzai

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
I think that would only mean Nintendo move's more controllers and not the complete console.
Good point.

Nintendo would need to start exporting roms via the iTunes store to get a real taste outside of controller sales.