NES ROMs Clearup

Tsn223

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
This post is to clear up all the random stuff going around the site about errors and stuff about how to get NES ROMs. I'm going to clear up a source I know works and have personally used.

Step 1: Under Installer, install, and games install the app NES
Step 2: Go to sources, edit, add
Step 3: Add the source, "<URL removed>"
Step 4: Go back to isntall, NES ROMs, Classic NES Roms
Step 5: Restart Springboard
Step 6: Open the NES app
Step 7: Play

Any Questions post under here.

mario787

Aug 4, 2007
Works great. Thank you very much and keep up the good work.

This post is to clear up all the random stuff going around the site about errors and stuff about how to get NES ROMs. I'm going to clear up a source I know works and have personally used.

Step 3: Add the source, "http:\\lyndellwiggins.com/installer/Swell"

Maysrome

Bronze
Mar 31, 2008
Awesome,
do you know if there is any other rom sites you can add as a source such as this one vs. the manual way, which i am unable to do at the moment. like, gba rom as well.

Step 3: Add the source, "http:\\lyndellwiggins.com/installer/Swell"

Thank you SO very much!

(and how about that search feature, huh?) ;)

kire

May 17, 2008
I've gotten up to Step 3, but I don't see NES ROMs or Classic NES Roms anywhere. How do I get them?

Tsn223

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
You need to add that source to get it to show up in installer

Steve-O

Bronze
May 19, 2008
Can you just download and install the other emulators and copy roms and stuff with mobilefinder as opposed to using fugu and ssh?

Thanks!

Tsn223

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
I'm not sure if you can do that. I'm not saying it's not possible because I've never tried. I know you can manually add ROMs in using an SSH client such as WinScp for sure though. It's just a matter of placing the ROMs in the correct folder.

Cudafan

May 18, 2008
Worked perfect, TY. How about info on ROM's for SEGA and SNES?

Icesickkle

Aug 7, 2008
Stopped working?

Did the repository get taken down? I can't seem to add it as a source... tried a few variation on the URL just to be safe too.

Chris.Carter770

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Did the repository get taken down? I can't seem to add it as a source... tried a few variation on the URL just to be safe too.
It may be down. i'm not trying this method. I use WINSCP to xfer my roms to my iPhone. That way I can pick and choose what I want on my phone and it's a safe method as I don't trust all sources.

Icesickkle

Aug 7, 2008
It may be down. i'm not trying this method. I use WINSCP to xfer my roms to my iPhone. That way I can pick and choose what I want on my phone and it's a safe method as I don't trust all sources.
Thats what I went with too. Thanks for your help too.

White Tee

Oct 3, 2008
Hey guys, i got the NES emulator, and followed the instructions you posted in this thread.

When i try to download the NES roms from the url, the following error is posted on my screen:

"Unable to decode package more info at....."

Could you please help me?

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Hey guys, i got the NES emulator, and followed the instructions you posted in this thread.

When i try to download the NES roms from the url, the following error is posted on my screen:

"Unable to decode package more info at....."

Could you please help me?

Check your PM....

HBOC

Bronze
Aug 4, 2008
Portland, Oregon
your files have to have the extension .NES

You can change the name of whatever the game is to whatever you want it to appear on your phone. For example, sometimes whe downloading a file like super mario bros, it may be names smb.nes . You can just rename it Super Mario Bros.NES

mrkgrrsn

Oct 7, 2008
What is PM? I've been trying to find a way to download nes roms for awhile now. any help would be greatly appreciated.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
What is PM? I've been trying to find a way to download nes roms for awhile now. any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's your Private Message box. And check yours....you have one now, too.

mrkgrrsn

Oct 7, 2008
Thank you. Unfortunately I was unable to download the file due to the file being infected. Any other help would be great.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Scanned, rescanned, and scanned again. It's definitely not infected and works just fine.