NES ROMs Not Showing

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
I jailbroke a 1.1.4 iPhone and installed NES. I placed the ROMs in the: var/mobile/media/ROMs/NES folder and they are not showing up when I open NES. I changed the permission from 0775 to 0777, uninstalled NES, reinstalled, did everything I can thing of. I know the ROMs work because they work on my 1.1.1.

Why are the ROMs not showing in NES?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Look under your /var/mobile folder and make sure you don't have both a Media and a media (without a capital M, as in your example above). The OS considers these to be different. You want the ROM's under /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES. Other than the capital M difference, you show that you have them in the correct spot. Maybe someone has some other ideas for you. Sorry.

Tsn223

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
If you isntalled the ROMs of a source, not all sources have the ROMs going to the right directory. If you can find them using an SSH client you can easily move them. There are two sources I know of that install the NES roms to the correct directory one of them being in this link. http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/nes-roms-clearup.22355/ . The other has to do with markmon, but I don't know the actual source name sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
ROMs

No, I got it. I thought I had the right path but I didn't. The NES path is a little different than the path for other emulators.

Thanks For The Help Anyway!