NES sound skipping

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Although I appreciate this app a lot, I must admit that the skipping music is frustrating. I noticed there were different sound channels to choose from but they all seemed to skip, albeit in different parts.

Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this?

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX
I've always had this problem with the NES application. This was my favorite App the when I jailbroke my first gen iPhone. I'm not aware of anyway to fix it.

It seems strange to me, because I get all of my ROMs from the same place, and when I play them on my mac I do not have ANY sound issues.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
That's too bad, it seems like that would be something they would fix ASAP but now that this app has been out for like a year and a half, I don't see any hope for them fixing it. Too bad, it's no fun to have the sound on when it's skipping, it's like listening to a scratched CD - can't take it for too long.

In other news, snes4iPhone is extremely skippy and slow, even the new 3.0.0 version that just came out. genesis4iPhone has no sound at all, the gameboy4iPhone has very skippy music, haven't tried psx4iPhone. It's too bad that after all this time, they really haven't come out with a quality emulator for iPhone for any system really :/ .

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
I've always had this problem with the NES application. This was my favorite App the when I jailbroke my first gen iPhone. I'm not aware of anyway to fix it.

It seems strange to me, because I get all of my ROMs from the same place, and when I play them on my mac I do not have ANY sound issues.
Well, I am sure your Mac has a much faster processor... video card... etc... ;)

It all comes down to the limitations of emulating other "software" on a phone.

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX
Well, I am sure your Mac has a much faster processor... video card... etc... ;)

It all comes down to the limitations of emulating other "software" on a phone.
I figured it was something like this...though, I'm not tech saavy enough to be able to contextualize it. Hahahaha.

I didn't know there was a gameboy4iPhone! I HAVE TO GO GET IT NOW!

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
Yeah, choppy sound and video performance should be expected.

The GBA for iPhone is pretty sweet, but I don't know where the name comes from...gpSPhone...wtf is that?

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX
Yeah, choppy sound and video performance should be expected.

The GBA for iPhone is pretty sweet, but I don't know where the name comes from...gpSPhone...wtf is that?

I tried to get that yesterday and I couldnt get it to work....any advice?

I did everything it told me to do, and I could never get the ROMs to open. A step by step tutorial would be greatly appreciated! ;) if you have the time of course....you can also PM me.

I'm an avid pokemon fan (and a senior in college.....its very nostalgic to me!) so the GBA emulator would be WONDERFUL!

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I tried to get that yesterday and I couldnt get it to work....any advice?

I did everything it told me to do, and I could never get the ROMs to open. A step by step tutorial would be greatly appreciated! ;) if you have the time of course....you can also PM me.

I'm an avid pokemon fan (and a senior in college.....its very nostalgic to me!) so the GBA emulator would be WONDERFUL!
Did you upload the gba bios via ssh? I know that that is a vital first step.

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
Ooh yeah. Instant message me and I'll give it to you.

Screw SSHing, just use Total Commander or iPhone Browser and you can transfer files fast through USB.