NES Update 1.9.0: DuckHunt Zapper Support!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
It just keeps getting better and better folks!

1.9.0 [nervegas] Tweaks to sound caching to get closer to real-time sync
(you should be using auto-frameskip, slow frameskips
will cause sound to loop)
Added zapper support (tap screen); works with:
Duck Hunt
Hogan's Alley
Wild Gunman
Gumshoe (game itself has glitches)
Shooting Range
Gotcha!
Others do not yet seem to work

Not on installer yet so head over to the homepage to install it!

http://iPhone.natetrue.com/nesapp/

Last edited by a moderator:

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
1.9.0...this means 2.0 is just around the corner! I wonder what the big update will be? The only thing I really need now is non-skipping game music and I think I'm set here..... Nice work nervegas!

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I just tried Duck Hunt and it works great :) AND, it's actually a little bit hard, but in a good way! I was worried that it would be a cool feature, but not difficult enough to be fun, but I was wrong.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I just tried Duck Hunt and it works great :) AND, it's actually a little bit hard, but in a good way! I was worried that it would be a cool feature, but not difficult enough to be fun, but I was wrong.
Try tapping a split second before you would normally tap, you'll find the sweet spot with the emulation lag eventually and have aiming nailed!

I'm hitting the clay pigeons just below the mountain line haha!

DeathBySnuggles

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Tampa, Fl
Sounds awesome! Can't wait to install it tomorrow. The only left on my wish list is diagnol support. It's the only thing keeping me from taking the Browns to the Superbowl, and I don't mean poop! ba-dum bum! Thank you, I'll be here all week.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Sounds awesome! Can't wait to install it tomorrow. The only left on my wish list is diagnol support. It's the only thing keeping me from taking the Browns to the Superbowl, and I don't mean poop! ba-dum bum! Thank you, I'll be here all week.
With Diagonals, I don't think I can lose with Bo Jackson running.

Anyway, this gives me an idea to try two things to juke the AI now.

1) Running in 5 patterns, but sideways like a digital number where you can't tell if it's a 5 or an S, yeah one of those shapes, lol.

2) Run like I used to do diagonals in Tron lightcycles, right, up, right, up, right, up, right, up etc etc. Yeah, lame, but it totally juked the weaker AI cycles, maybe it will work on TB.

agent0064life

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Tecmo Bowl is pretty much the only game I play. So hard to chase down ballcarriers with no diagonal support, as well as blocking kicks.

Are there any modded Tecmo Bowl games that have updated rosters and teams to this year? I'd love to play with my Bucs.

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007

Duck Hunt
Hogan's Alley
Wild Gunman
Shooting Range
Gotcha!
Others do not yet seem to work

Not on installer yet so head over to the homepage to install it!

http://iPhone.natetrue.com/nesapp/
its awesome :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona

Duck Hunt
Hogan's Alley
Wild Gunman
Shooting Range
Gotcha!
Holy crap, this is amazing. Duck Hunt is actually playable--a great game to demo NES. Wow. Going to try the others now...

--
Mike

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Holy crap, this is amazing. Duck Hunt is actually playable--a great game to demo NES. Wow. Going to try the others now...

--
Mike
DuckHunt is the king of these zapper games by far. I love that as a kid I was rewarded for bringing ducks to their grisly deaths when the dog lifts their corpses in cue to the happy music. Nintendo rules.

Going to try Gumshoe next, I remember wanting to try this game out at the local Bullwinkle's. Never saw it again, that place closed soon after and by the time it came out on NES I had moved on to the SNES.

I didn't like Hogan's Alley as a kid, turns out I don't like it as an adult either.

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
DuckHunt is the king of these zapper games by far. I love that as a kid I was rewarded for bringing ducks to their grisly deaths when the dog lifts their corpses in cue to the happy music. Nintendo rules.

Going to try Gumshoe next, I remember wanting to try this game out at the local Bullwinkle's. Never saw it again, that place closed soon after and by the time it came out on NES I had moved on to the SNES.

I didn't like Hogan's Alley as a kid, turns out I don't like it as an adult either.
here is the game of duck hunt just visit the link below.
http://www.orangeburgyoungprofessionals.com/duckhunt/hunt.html

its quite fun :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

koolhand79

Bronze
Oct 6, 2007
KILLA CALI
ok I just purchased an ipHone today and i was wondering I might go about installing this emulator as well as the games. I apologize if this has been covered already

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
ok I just purchased an ipHone today and i was wondering I might go about installing this emulator as well as the games. I apologize if this has been covered already
new phone? You will most likely have to "downgrade" your firmware. You should start searching here for the data. It has been covered before.
Nice to have you on the team and happy modding!