NES

I

iphone

Guys i have downloaded Nes on my XP. İt has many files in it and i have NO İDEA about how to send it to İphone and launch it. Anyone can help?

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
Im not sure how to actually take it from your computer to the iPhone ... but there are a couple of easy ways to install NES directly on your iPhone ...

If you already have installer on your iPhone, then just download NES from there...

Another easy way to do it and add ROMs is to do it through iBrickr ... download iBrickr and install the NES app ... then after downloading the ROMS from the internet, use iBrickr to load them on .. the program makes it really easy ...

Goodluck!

Sandman

Oct 8, 2007
First you need to jailbreak..Then add installer.app if it's not already there...Then download NES from installer.app...lastly you need to find a site that has roms and use a program like cyberduck for mac to push it through to the iPhone.

This is not complete because somewhere in ther you have to install BSD ute and Open SSH. Try the modmyiPhone site for instruction to all of this.

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
oh i just used jailbreakme.com and got those programs was so cool i got nes now which is awsome its easy as pie but i need help i know there probably post of this but its get confusing, since everyone has there alil different in there part as of windows/mac/vers on iTunes and iPhone etc. etc.

well im on windows and my iPhone is 1.1.1
i got nes on the phone and when i click it, it saids no ROMs found well of course what do i use to get the rom in there? it gives me
Please upload ROMs to /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES so how is that?

some peopel use ibrikr etc... asjhflsdja i don't know what exactly do i need to do to get these into the phone? i need your hellp!

edited 2mins after im an idiot..

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
ii use window how do i get rom on to the iPhone?
i ardy have installer and got NES on there. :mad:\

uh my iPhone is 1.1.1 ...

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I've heard that iBrickr doesn't work if you've used the jailbreakme.com method. If that's the case, you'll want to use WinSCP or something similar. To use WinSCP, do the following:

1. Install OpenSSH on your phone. It's available on Installer.

2. Download WinSCP from here:
http://winscp.net/eng/download.php

3) Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wifi. You will need to know your phone IP address. To find it, go to Settings-->WiFi. Click on the ">" next to your wifi network and note the IP Address. It's usually something like: 192.168.100.xx

4.) Start up WinSCP and click the New button to set up a new connection. Enter your iPhone’s IP address in Hostname (leave port at 22).

Username: root
Password: alpine

Leave private key file blank. Select SCP as file protocol. Click Save.

5.) Double-click the saved connection to connect.

It may take awhile for it to connect the first time as it needs to generate some keys..that is normal.

6) Once connected, you'll automatically be in /var/root. Navigate to the Media folder and create a new folder called
ROMs. Within ROMS, create another subfolder called NES. These folders are case sensitive, so make sure the "s" in ROMS is lower case. Upload your .nes files in the NES folder.

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
WOAH MANY THANKS LMAO IM PLAYING MEGAMAN HAHA im gonna go upload some more thanks a lot so much im so happy its so insane hahaha

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I don't know about PC to iPhone. Just install through Installer.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i used the apptapp installer then i used ishare to send the roms to myself.. hope this works...

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
i posted in another thread about this for help and someone gave me some good info

thanks enigmatic

I've heard that iBrickr doesn't work if you've used the jailbreakme.com method. If that's the case, you'll want to use WinSCP or something similar. To use WinSCP, do the following:

3) Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wifi. You will need to know your phone IP address. To find it, go to Settings-->WiFi. Click on the ">" next to your wifi network and note the IP Address. It's usually something like: 192.168.100.xx

4.) Start up WinSCP and click the New button to set up a new connection. Enter your iPhone’s IP address in Hostname (leave port at 22).

It may take awhile for it to connect the first time as it needs to generate some keys..that is normal.

6) Once connected, you'll automatically be in /var/root. Navigate to the Media folder and create a new folder called
ROMs. Within ROMS, create another subfolder called NES. These folders are case sensitive, so make sure the "s" in ROMS is lower case. Upload your .nes files in the NES folder.

but nes doesn't seem that much fun but its does seem pretty cool haha boy was i excited when it started to work tho

I

iphone

Thanxs to you guys İ am over it:laugh2:

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
even easier was is to use ibrickr to install nes and use it to upload roms with one button... you can get it at www.ibrickr.com

Last edited by a moderator:

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
i posted in another thread about this for help and someone gave me some good info

thanks enigmatic

6) Once connected, you'll automatically be in /var/root. Navigate to the Media folder and create a new folder called ROMs. Within ROMS, create another subfolder called NES. These folders are case sensitive, so make sure the "s" in ROMS is lower case. Upload your .nes files in the NES folder.

but nes doesn't seem that much fun but its does seem pretty cool haha boy was i excited when it started to work tho
Nice tutorial!

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
An even easier method for installing roms
For 1.0.2 or 1.1.1, Mac or PC
This is assuming you have the NES app already installed.

You will be adding another Installer Source.
They are not official and may cause problems on your iPhone.
And oh yes, make sure you own these NES games....

Okay, launch the Installer

• Tap on Installer
  • Locate and tap "Sources" (bottom right corner)
  • Tap on "Edit" (top right)
  • Tap on "Add" (top left)
  • Enter (type) this: lyndellwiggins.com/Swell.xml
    note: xml must be in small caps
Your phone will refresh - do not exit the Installer

• Select "Install" (bottom left, next to "Featured")
  • Scroll down and open the NES ROMs folder
  • Install "Classic NES ROMs"

Enjoy!

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
An even easier method for installing roms
For 1.0.2 or 1.1.1, Mac or PC
This is assuming you have the NES app already installed.

You will be adding another Installer Source.
They are not official and may cause problems on your iPhone.
And oh yes, make sure you own these NES games....

Okay, launch the Installer

• Tap on Installer
  • Locate and tap "Sources" (bottom right corner)
  • Tap on "Edit" (top right)
  • Tap on "Add" (top left)
  • Enter (type) this: lyndellwiggins.com/Swell.xml
    note: xml must be in small caps
Your phone will refresh - do not exit the Installer

• Select "Install" (bottom left, next to "Featured")
  • Scroll down and open the NES ROMs folder
  • Install "Classic NES ROMs"

Enjoy!

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Ok this is frustrating. My phone is now jailbroken, and I downloaded the NES application to play Nintendo games, but how do you download the games? I click on the app, and it says No ROMS found, please upload ROMS. How do you upload the ROMs and where do you get them from?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Ok this is frustrating. My phone is now jailbroken, and I downloaded the NES application to play Nintendo games, but how do you download the games? I click on the app, and it says No ROMS found, please upload ROMS. How do you upload the ROMs and where do you get them from?
Follow this guide:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/add-all-installer-sources-for-maximum-app-selection.15770/

Then go to All Packages and you should find a download called Big Boss' NES ROMs. This is the easiest way for you right now.

If you need a specific ROM that isn't in that pack, then you'll need to download and install it manually. Simply stated, google "nes roms", download the rom, make sure you unzip, then use WinSCP (on a PC) and go to var/root/Media/ROMs/NES and put your downloaded rom in there.

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
thats a good guide and will get you going i use filezilla and ssh to do it....

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
:laugh2:This works great, man. Thanks
Follow this guide:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/add-all-installer-sources-for-maximum-app-selection.15770/

Then go to All Packages and you should find a download called Big Boss' NES ROMs. This is the easiest way for you right now.

If you need a specific ROM that isn't in that pack, then you'll need to download and install it manually. Simply stated, google "nes roms", download the rom, make sure you unzip, then use WinSCP (on a PC) and go to var/root/Media/ROMs/NES and put your downloaded rom in there.