NESCANDY 2 Pack: NES icons with game screens!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Edit: Set 3 Added to attachments

Hi, I'm back with my NES icon which was a work in progress. It spawned from the original one button to a full controller layout by request, and then somewhere along the way a squashed iPhone with the nes emulator on it.

->
->

I think it's at the end of it's design progression now so I've started to add game screens for some of the games I play on my iPhone. Basically I'll play a game until I'm done and move on, so my nes emulator becomes a one game playing machine, these icons match what I'm currently in to:

If you have any games you would like to see turned into an icon, post it in this thread. My only restriction is that it's actually playable and not a game you have to play differently in some way, i.e. a game I won't play myself :p Time permitting, I'll add them to this thread in packs of 3s.

I have broken these into two sets because the forum has a file size restriction. I don't wish to host these on my dime so this is the most reliable way to share these files.

enjoY

Attachments

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I've got that one marked for my next pack, it should be ready tonight.

Popeye
Donkey Kong Jr.
?

Not sure what the last game will be yet, I was thinking Zelda or Ghosts n Goblins.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Finished a little early, the cleaning lady is here and the lady can't start dinner yet. Both good and bad however. Good because I got to finish the icons, bad because I'm hungry!

EnjoY

H

Hayesimus

those icons are terrific. i wish you'd go make some more icons for a few of the other's that have less than impressive generic icons. like the new to do list app. i hate it's icon. just looks like the calendar icon. too much like it.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
those icons are terrific. i wish you'd go make some more icons for a few of the other's that have less than impressive generic icons. like the new to do list app. i hate it's icon. just looks like the calendar icon. too much like it.
Heyas Superhayes"imus" I've seen that epic thread you got going on with all your mods, definitely some impressive stuff. I can see where you're coming from now, and some of these stock icons are really an eye sore.

I just installed the Todo list, I've been waiting for one, and man that icon stinks. Can't blame the programmar tho, it's not their forte, just the same as I really suck at coding, but sheesh!

I'm definitely going to redo that icon, AND that god awful Finder icon, what in the heck happened to that one? It used to look pretty good like 3 versions ago.

Don't have any tentative time I'd push these new icons live, but I will get them done this week.

If you have any other ideas for icons that need some lovin', or some ideas of what these icons should look like, please do post! I mean what should "ToDo" look like if it's not a checklist or something? I guess I could make it look like a white clipboard with some lines and check marks next to them? It would look similar to the Notes icon except white.

H

Hayesimus

maybe no lines on the page. maybe something like what they already have just, smaller box and check mark and a couple of them. and like the words "to do" next to one and "list" next to the one below it. I just got done working a 12 hour shift at the factory so i'm not exactly runnin on all gears right now. if i think of something more visually articulate after i sleep, i will post it! lol. and i will sooo be thinkin of some ideas for the other great icons we have. lata

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Heyas Superhayes"imus" I've seen that epic thread you got going on with all your mods, definitely some impressive stuff. I can see where you're coming from now, and some of these stock icons are really an eye sore.

I just installed the Todo list, I've been waiting for one, and man that icon stinks. Can't blame the programmar tho, it's not their forte, just the same as I really suck at coding, but sheesh!

I'm definitely going to redo that icon, AND that god awful Finder icon, what in the heck happened to that one? It used to look pretty good like 3 versions ago.

Don't have any tentative time I'd push these new icons live, but I will get them done this week.

If you have any other ideas for icons that need some lovin', or some ideas of what these icons should look like, please do post! I mean what should "ToDo" look like if it's not a checklist or something? I guess I could make it look like a white clipboard with some lines and check marks next to them? It would look similar to the Notes icon except white.
Hey I'm really impressed with your work! If you have time can you do a new Safari icon? That thing looks nothing like the Internet or anything. I mean, a compass? What is that? I also think the Phone one is just boring.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
maybe no lines on the page. maybe something like what they already have just, smaller box and check mark and a couple of them. and like the words "to do" next to one and "list" next to the one below it. I just got done working a 12 hour shift at the factory so i'm not exactly runnin on all gears right now. if i think of something more visually articulate after i sleep, i will post it! lol. and i will sooo be thinkin of some ideas for the other great icons we have. lata
Ok, Gotcha. Just did a little research and I just remembered post-it notes don't have lines, so your call was on the money there. I'm thinking of a post-it not slightly angled, perhaps overlapping the button and hanging over it's edges to force some perspective. More on this later, I've got some dock images to do.

wildonrio said:
Hey I'm really impressed with your work! If you have time can you do a new Safari icon? That thing looks nothing like the Internet or anything. I mean, a compass? What is that? I also think the Phone one is just boring.
Thats a good idea, I'm not too hot on the Safari icon either. Superhayes of the iMus has already started on one in another thread in this forum. I like where its headed, it has a zebra pattern which is a lot more fun and conducive to safaris. I think I would add some bamboo and some safari gear, so it looks like a small piece you would see at Disneyland sitting in the corner of the the line at the Jungle Cruise. Maybe even just putting an african war mask over the zebra pattern would be a great icon now that I think about the Jungle Cruise more... lol!