Netflix manager

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ebp2kEM1

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
I found this last night as well. Very impressive little app for those who have netflix. Its can be a little slow over EDGE - but still very usable.

Im so impressed with the iPhone development community. Always coming up with creative new apps like this.

EDIT - I really need a better icon for the app - it totally kills the look I have going. I don't have a single "rounded edge square" icon on my main page. :)

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
The search function of this app is terrible. I type the title of the movie and it can't even find it. I guess this will be taken care of with the next update.

ebp2kEM1

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Well I busted out my photoshop skills and made a new icon for iFlix. I cant stand the rounded corner icons. I prefer the ones that have unique shapes and a transparent back ground.

I've attached the new icon i made.

EDIT: Right click and save as to download the icon. Rename it "iFlix.png" - the capital "F" is important.

If you are running summerboard and using a custom theme - you can use ibrikr or SSH or any tool that can send files to the iPhone, and you can drop this icon in the icon folder for the theme you are using.

The location would be: /var/root/library/SummerBoard/[name of theme you are using]/Icons/

Just re-apply your theme and let summerboard restart.

Enjoy :laugh2:

Attachments

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Well I busted out my photoshop skills and made a new icon for iFlix. I cant stand the rounded corner icons. I prefer the ones that have unique shapes and a transparent back ground.

I've attached the new icon i made.

EDIT: Right click and save as to download the icon. Rename it "iFlix.png" - the capital "F" is important.

If you are running summerboard and using a custom theme - you can use ibrikr or SSH or any tool that can send files to the iPhone, and you can drop this icon in the icon folder for the theme you are using.

The location would be: /var/root/library/SummerBoard/[name of theme you are using]/Icons/

Just re-apply your theme and let summerboard restart.

Enjoy :laugh2:

Dude! Those icons are sweet!

ebp2kEM1

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Thanks!

I can't say any of them other than the iFlix one are mine.

I installed all the themes - then looked through the icons and picked out my favorites for each app. I created a new folder in summerboard/themes folder and named it "Custom theme" - i dropped all my favorite icons and my favorite background and dock image into there. When you make a new folder in that location it will show up as a new theme in SMBPrefs.

Now that i've got the hang of making icons - im sure ill make some more of my own.

exilio

Oct 4, 2007
This is a great app -- I can't wait to see how it improves over time. And I still can't believe it's going to take able until February to release an SDK.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
And I still can't believe it's going to take able until February to release an SDK.
They need time to release SDK, because they need time to figure out how to rip off the most people with this new feature. We're not blind... puting up SDK is a matter of minutes. The marketing plan takes much longer... Gosh, I hate Apple so much

Feb 20, 2008
I have Jailbroken 1.1.3 phone with iFlix and it won't work.
I checked and it is chmod 755 for iFlix. I changed it to something else, back to 755 and it still crashes everytime at log in.
Anyone else have this issue?

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
There was a free one I got off Installer but now I lost it due to upgrade anyone know what is the source for NetFlix like this?